Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HUGE Delta printer could use some help/advice

Posted by IcedStorm77 
HUGE Delta printer could use some help/advice
October 25, 2019 04:34PM
I am building a delta 3d printer. I have finished the printer frame and am just starting on the gantry carts and motors. Here is a picture of the printer so far, their is a 36" ruler on the left of the printer for scale.

file:///var/folders/5l/fv8rf25s32d6lpnlhczjxx3h0000gp/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_0158.JPG

Here are the electronics i am planning to use, please let me know if you see anything wrong or see anything that you think won't work well.

Hotend- [e3d-online.com]

I am upgrading it with this- [e3d-online.com]

What type of nozzle should i get? Does it matter at all what material the nozzle is (Copper, hardened steel, brass, etc.)
[e3d-online.com]

Extruder- [e3d-online.com]

Here is where I am getting confusing

[www.aliexpress.com] is the board i am gonna get, so does it come with drivers? Do i need drivers? If so which option do i need to choose for it to come with drivers that will work with these motors: [www.omc-stepperonline.com][Bipolar],183-body-length-mm[39,40,48]

Are those motors good quality motors? Would this screen work with it?
[www.amazon.com]

Does Marlin support delta printers? Also, does marlin work well?

Thanks, i am sure i will have more questions but thank you!
Re: HUGE Delta printer could use some help/advice
October 25, 2019 08:24PM
"[www.aliexpress.com] is the board i am gonna get, so does it come with drivers? Do i need drivers? If so which option do i need to choose for it to come with drivers that will work with these motors: [www.omc-stepperonline.com][Bipolar],183-body-length-mm[39,40,48]"

The board is without drivers, you need to select drivers as an option.
You only need drivers if you want anything to move.
Which option is partly a matter of choice.
A4988 and drv8825 are older and simpler to use but are louder compared with latter drivers, I wouldnt get these

Your link to the stepper motor doesn't work.

"Would this screen work with it?[www.amazon.com]"
This link also doesnt work.

"Does Marlin support delta printers? Also, does marlin work well?"
Yes it does, 'well' depends on your point of view. It works, some say there are better ways to do it (ie RRF)

Some comments on what I see

Your going for the absolute cheapest parts you can get... this is not wise.
Your starting with a delta, not a good idea for a first machine.
October 26, 2019 02:16AM
IcedStorm77
I am building a delta 3d printer. I have finished the printer frame and am just starting on the gantry carts and motors. Here is a picture of the printer so far, their is a 36" ruler on the left of the printer for scale.

Thanks, i am sure i will have more questions but thank you!

Then how about posting them in the correct subtopic ? (Thanks to the person who moved this thread here in the Delta smiling smiley )

In fact, how about reading it as most of your questions and others are already answered.

This to avoid you HUGE problems and disappointment. At least you won't loose a lot of money as HUGE and cheap are quite a death sentence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2019 06:27AM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
October 26, 2019 01:00PM
The links to stepperonline and Amazon in your post don't work. I suggest you correct or re-post them.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login