Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rollers for Misumi 2020?

Posted by JohnOCFII 
Rollers for Misumi 2020?
November 15, 2019 11:00PM
Greetings,

It is nearly winter, and time for some upgrade projects! I'm considering re-working the carriages on my Think3DPrint3D Kossel Mini. I'm looking for new/additional wheels, but while my current wheels are quite narrow, with angled sides (like the first attachment) most of what I find is the OpenBuilds wheels, which look wider, and seem to require the V-Slot, as shown in this link: [openbuildspartstore.com]

Will these work as well as what I'm using currently? If not -- are the wheels similar to what I have still available out there? I've been unsuccessful looking for them.

Thanks,

John
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 9.40.54 PM.png (331.9 KB)
Re: Rollers for Misumi 2020?
November 16, 2019 03:22AM
These wheels really are for V-slot only. The V-slot extrusions provide extra surface area where the wheels make contact, resulting in less wear. If you were to use these wheels on ordinary extrusions they will just eat the wheels and cause nothing but trouble.

I've seen ordinary metal bearing constructions run on properly anodized aluminium extrusions that did well but were a bit noisy. Also, there have been people to experiment with specialized slide cages, printed in PLA or special filament for slide surfaces such as the IGUS filaments. I would check those projects out.

BTW, the Rostock Mini wheels are especially machined for the misumi parts to maximize surface contact area; [blog.think3dprint3d.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2019 03:26AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
November 16, 2019 10:09AM
Thanks for your reply. Yes, the wheels indicated in the blog post you linked are the ones that I show in my attached photo. I am trying to find a place that is selling those wheels that you refer to as Rostock Mini wheels.

Ohmarinus
BTW, the Rostock Mini wheels are especially machined for the misumi parts to maximize surface contact area; [blog.think3dprint3d.com]

John
November 17, 2019 11:32AM
JohnOCFII
Thanks for your reply. Yes, the wheels indicated in the blog post you linked are the ones that I show in my attached photo. I am trying to find a place that is selling those wheels that you refer to as Rostock Mini wheels.

Ohmarinus

John

Sorry, somehow I have missed the images you had attached when viewing on my mobile phone. I see I'm telling you exactly everything you already knew smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login