Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

He3d K200 and BLtouch

Posted by Jwendelloliver 
He3d K200 and BLtouch
May 08, 2020 12:16PM
I recently bought the K200 and have done a few test prints with it. Unfortunately the slip on bed leveler is not working like it should, so I installed a BLTouch. I'm wondering if anyone has the configuration for this and can please share it. I've spent 4 days searching and editing with no progress.
Re: He3d K200 and BLtouch
November 17, 2020 05:40PM
I have an HE3D K280. I added a BLTouch and Titan geared extruder, so INVERT_E0_DIR is set to false (you probably need it set to true). These config files are for Marlin 2.0.x. This is all working fine except my machine freezes after the first layer on very large prints.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (141.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration.h (92.1 KB)
Re: He3d K200 and BLtouch
May 10, 2021 11:32AM
I have the K280 as well, using repetier firmware.
Your description of the "freeze" after the first layer is reminiscent of what mine does if I do not edit the gcode file.

I use the "set and wait" feature of temps for the heaters and found that there are 2 things of concern when using different temps for first layer and the rest of the print.
"Set and wait" on the bed (M190) waits for the temp to rise to the setting, but does not wait when the temp is lowered.
The extruder, OTOH does wait when the temp is lowered in the gcode, and with first layer at 210 then resetting the temp to 195 for the rest of the print causes a halt of the print head and an ooze while the temp is adjusting.

My fix is to edit the gcode. M109 is used to set and wait for the extruder, so I change that entry at layer change to M104 which is just a temp reset and does not pause the print. With extruder flow it cools down more rapidly anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2021 11:33AM by wildone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login