Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mission building a delta Kossel

Posted by heavy9 
Re: Mission building a delta Kossel
October 30, 2020 10:46AM
The screw is stuck inside the bottom corner and there were not a small clearance for me to grip it out
October 31, 2020 03:32AM
is this a correct and safe way to wire my psu to the board ?
Attachments:
open | download - wiring diagram.png (69.6 KB)
October 31, 2020 03:38AM
Yes, by either crimping the controller ends of the wires and screw them down, and by adding these metal flat pieces with a hole (also crimp connectors) in the center on the PSU side, so that the screw of the PSU goes through it and clamps it down. I believe this is the best way and it's the intended way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2020 03:38AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
October 31, 2020 12:27PM
thanks for the info
Now the printer is almost complete but I can't figure out how to upload the software that I have edited. I'm using vsc.The problem is I cannot upload the programme cause error messages like this keeps popping up.What is left from the printer to function is the programme only.

Please reply ASAP
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.PNG (3.1 KB)
November 05, 2020 06:50PM
I have the platform IO and arduino extension enabled
November 05, 2020 07:06PM
Seems like it's looking for the Arduino IDE. Did you install that? IMO if you are using an arduino(or other AVR) it'd be easier to just open the Marlin .ino file with Arduino IDE and build/upload from there.
November 08, 2020 07:53PM
When I tried to upload the code, missing binary operator error appeared.How can I fix this?
November 09, 2020 11:42AM
I'm still struggling to upload the marlin .I'd downloaded lots of marlin versions but I still can't figure out how to upload it. Every time I tried to upload it an error occurs.I found that Marlin has the .ino format and when I opened it using arduino IDE(arduino1.8.9) I found some common features about this Marlin.Every marlin.ino has the configuration.h tab and the Delta printer settings line.The Marlin from the Marlin firmware Githb have the config file.It contains example of configuration.h from various printers and a default(sometimes link to a new .zip file download.).
What if I swap the original configuration.h from the marlin folder with the configuration.h from the example file in config file.Will it work?
November 09, 2020 12:09PM
The printer is almost complete.I used the clone Bondtech extruder with NEMA 17 motor.A bit overkill but I'm worried about the Bowden setup.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG-20201110-WA0003.jpg (41.8 KB)
open | download - IMG-20201110-WA0001.jpg (74.2 KB)
November 09, 2020 12:12PM
this is the extruder
Attachments:
open | download - IMG-20201110-WA0005.jpg (59.2 KB)
November 09, 2020 12:43PM
Looks like you are making good progress! I think that extruder should be fine. I am using one of those red cheapo Creality style extruders and I would much prefer to have something that has more pushing power like what you have (assuming it isn't a bad clone...)
November 09, 2020 06:07PM
heavy9
I'm still struggling to upload the marlin .I'd downloaded lots of marlin versions but I still can't figure out how to upload it. Every time I tried to upload it an error occurs.I found that Marlin has the .ino format and when I opened it using arduino IDE(arduino1.8.9) I found some common features about this Marlin.Every marlin.ino has the configuration.h tab and the Delta printer settings line.The Marlin from the Marlin firmware Githb have the config file.It contains example of configuration.h from various printers and a default(sometimes link to a new .zip file download.).
What if I swap the original configuration.h from the marlin folder with the configuration.h from the example file in config file.Will it work?

Thanks thehankinator ! Now i'm still struggling on finding the correct firmware for my printer.This the previous thread.
November 09, 2020 09:46PM
heavy9
Now i'm still struggling on finding the correct firmware for my printer.This the previous thread.
I'd start with one of the Marlin examples you mentioned. Probably the Kossel Mini one then go from there. Just replace the default configuration.h and configuration_adv.h with the ones in the example build and upload.
November 10, 2020 06:02AM
An error pop out every time I tried to do it
error compiling to Arduino mega/arduino mega 2560 always pop up.Any solutions?
November 10, 2020 10:33AM
heavy9
An error pop out every time I tried to do it
error compiling to Arduino mega/arduino mega 2560 always pop up.Any solutions?
Is that the exact error message?
November 11, 2020 04:57AM
more or less
November 11, 2020 04:58AM
When I pull the tab below on arduino ,that's the only error appears
November 15, 2020 04:37AM
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

avr-gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
this error appears every time I tried to upload the firmware. Wow. I've never thought this thing would be hard to get it done!sad smiley
November 15, 2020 10:44AM
Have you looked at this already? [arduino.stackexchange.com]
November 19, 2020 12:54AM
thanks for the hankinator! recently I tried the repetier online configurator for this printer. It have an auto bed levelling support which is awesome. I saw the option on screen interface section which I'm not so sure about. It's the SD slave select.

Can anyone explain how this function works? Is it compatible with reprap 12864 full graphic screen?

When I extract and tried to upoad the repetier.ino firmware, I got the missing binary operator before token error. Any solution?

It's almost complete! I can feel it. In my .....smiling bouncing smiley
December 03, 2020 09:35AM
Hello everyone!
First of all, sorry if any of my questions are kind of stupid. I'm still a noob so it's hard to make it out. BTW, I recently got my printer running at dry condition (no filament). I did some tweaks and it went topsy-turvy.
I can't make the extruder to run at both direction. I had tried switching the connection of the extruder motor but it remained the same. Plus, I can't control the printer except homing it using the RepetierHost.

Anyone please lend a hand ?. Any help would be great.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2020 10:10AM by heavy9.
December 25, 2020 05:09AM
Merry Christmas everyone!!smileys with beer
February 08, 2021 03:00AM
alright it's a print grinning smiley

printed this plant pot in 195 degree in Pla with the layer height of 0.2 and speed of 35mm/s
Pretty slow and results a saggy print.
Attachments:
open | download - photo_2021-02-08_15-54-32.jpg (81.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login