Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to change configuration to a delta robot not a printer?

Posted by 12343954 
How to change configuration to a delta robot not a printer?
January 05, 2021 07:20AM
### I wanna make a delta robot, not printer, via Marlin.

Motherboard : MKS SGEN L V2.0
Stepper driver : TMC2225
Stepper motor : NEMA 23
Touch Screen : MKS TS35

Like this,

but lots of marlin delta printers like this, with sliding tracks, I don't need them.

`M665` has 8 parameters, I don’t know what these parameters mean. Is anybody who can tell me? thank you!

Re: How to change configuration to a delta robot not a printer?
January 06, 2021 03:52AM
You need to run firmware that supports Rotary Delta kinematics. RepRapFirmware does, see [duet3d.dozuki.com]. Maybe there is a fork of Marlin that does.

The calculations for Rotary Delta kinematics involve trigonometry, so you should use a controller with a fast processor and hardware floating point. Calibration can be tricky because there are so many parameters to set - not a problem for a well-manufactured commercial machine for which the parameters are known, but harder for DIY machines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2021 03:53AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 08, 2021 07:42AM
dc42
You need to run firmware that supports Rotary Delta kinematics. RepRapFirmware does, see [duet3d.dozuki.com]. Maybe there is a fork of Marlin that does.

The calculations for Rotary Delta kinematics involve trigonometry, so you should use a controller with a fast processor and hardware floating point. Calibration can be tricky because there are so many parameters to set - not a problem for a well-manufactured commercial machine for which the parameters are known, but harder for DIY machines.

I didn’t know it was called `Rotary Delta` until you told me. smiling smiley

It was failed, when i meger the latest `marlin 2.0.8 + SBASE delta config 2.0.8 + MKS-SGEN_L-V2 + TS35-V2 + TMC2225`.
I selected step/dir mode, default driver type(No uncomment).

1. stepper motors can't move smoothly, they vibrate very strong. (Is it because the wiring(A+A-,B+B-) is reversed? There is no vibration when I use default marlin code.)
2. operating screen doesn't occupy the wholescreen, only 2/3. but all the function is ok. it's just small, and no touch feature. (I fixed it by changing configuration.h)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2021 07:45AM by 12343954.
January 18, 2021 10:20PM
2021-1-19 updates

1. 【fixed】stepper motors can't move smoothly, they vibrate very strong. (Is it because the wiring(A+A-,B+B-) is reversed? There is no vibration when I use default marlin code.)
using the mks 2225 driver module.

2. 【fixed】operating screen doesn't occupy the wholescreen, only 2/3. but all the function is ok. it's just small, and no touch feature. (I fixed it by changing configuration.h)
using mks self marlin code

now, meger the forward/inverse kinematics into marilin code.
https://github.com/12343954/Rotary-Delta-Robot-Kinematics
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login