Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Printer building

Posted by Gaou 
Delta Printer building
April 11, 2021 09:23AM
hi guys,

been away from 3bprinting for a while i got the change of building a delta printer, thing that i always wanted. But i am new to this design so i would need guidance and advises.

This is where i am at the moment .

The reason i choose to make a new effector was the easy of supplies... I already had the ball M4 screws and the fiber rods from robotdigg, so it would only need some tapping and magnets from local supplier.

What i didn't think is that the strong magnets wouldn't be very helpful on the parallel move of the effector. So i have to try some more on that .

I am waiting for a 10" Keenovo mains power heater and i will order the e3d v6 hotend with titan extruder and some more things...

Also i would like to ask how critical is the proper placement of the rails and how do u measured them to be exactly at the center of the profile. Something else i noticed was a small gap on the some horizontal extrusions to the corner. We are talking something about .1mm to .2mm ( i didn't have something to measure it at that time)

This time i would like to use a thermocouple on my hotend but i dont know what kind of thermocouple and board do i have to choose to match my old 0.85 Duet. So if anyone knows please point it out.

Thanks in advance guys . Please Feel free to criticize ..

RePrapPro Mendel 3
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Re: Delta Printer building
April 12, 2021 02:22AM
See [duet3d.dozuki.com] for how to connect a thermocouple to a Duet. However, unless you want to print at very high temperatures, I recommend using a PT100, PT1000 or thermistor instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2021 02:23AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 12, 2021 04:39AM
dc42
See [duet3d.dozuki.com] for how to connect a thermocouple to a Duet. However, unless you want to print at very high temperatures, I recommend using a PT100, PT1000 or thermistor instead.

The PT100 & PT1000 dont need a board ; do they plug as they are on my board?

RePrapPro Mendel 3
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
April 13, 2021 02:24AM
PT100 needs a board, see [duet3d.dozuki.com]. PT1000 doesn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2021 02:26AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
VDX
April 13, 2021 02:55AM
... or a 12Bit (16Bit/24Bit) ADC-input smoking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 13, 2021 11:39AM
dc42
See [duet3d.dozuki.com] guys. I ll order a PT1000. Thanks bith if u

RePrapPro Mendel 3
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login