New Delta owner needs firmware help
July 08, 2021 07:51PM
I've just bought a 6 year old Kossel Mini Delta from a friend. It's running Marlin V1, yes V1.

So far I'm managing to keep it mostly calibrated by manually adjusting the endstop screws, but I know the printing plane is ever so slightly domed. It was well calibrated to start with, but due to an extremely bad clog from bad filament, I've had to install a new hotend, which has thrown everything off a little.

From the research I've done, I know I could be working much smarter with the commands available in Marlin v2, e.g. M666 and G33.

I'm somewhat lost when it comes to preparing to flash the firmware due to the complexity of delta printers. Also, I do not have the original configuration.h file for this printer, so I couldn't go back to v1 if I wanted to.

How do I go about getting ready to compile Marlin v2? What physical parameters do I need to have? The rod length is the obvious one, but I'm not sure where that should be measured (e.g. just the rod itself, or measure between pivot points?). What do I need to know, and/or find out, to put into the config files before I start?

Are there any tools that make this easier, or any ready-made config files I could use?

Thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2021 07:54PM by DigitalRanger.
Re: New Delta owner needs firmware help
July 10, 2021 11:23AM
I'd start with one of these configs [github.com]
July 15, 2021 06:49AM
Except you don't you import

Branches
Release: For most Marlin users. Select the version that matches the Marlin version you are compiling.

Bugfix: For users compiling the bugfix branch of Marlin.

Import: For developers maintaining the Configuration examples.

use bugfix or release. to match your code.
August 04, 2021 03:57PM
I managed to locate this for calibration. [print.theporto.com]
I also always use repetier firmware and if it works on your board then it is easy to do. I expect you would want to use the 0.91 or 0.92 versions there.

Then arduino works for compiling and uploading the firmware.

I personally have never had luck with the marlin firmware so cannot help there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login