Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel Delta XY problem

Posted by dzikos 
Kossel Delta XY problem
January 21, 2023 06:10AM
Hello everybody,
I had strange problem with my Kossel printer. This machine was build few years ago. Standard configuration with RAMPS, Arduino and Marlin firmware. That time everything works, without any problems.
I used it for few months and after that, lew it to this day (because, unfortunately no time).
So, to the point. I downloaded and configured new version of Marlin firmware configured mostly everything and printer start working. Mostly everything work but there is problem with movement with XY axis. With Z axis ther isn't any problem. When want to move Z axis 10 mm it's more or less 10 mm. But on X and Y axis, 10mm it's 35mm.
My printable radius it's 100mm, I want to move X axis to 30mm, but nozzle completely leave printing area. It's not 30mm but 105mm.
Do you have any idea, where is the problem.
In the link bellow you can find Configuration.h file
https://pastebin.com/Pk1xv81j
Re: Kossel Delta XY problem
January 21, 2023 12:24PM
My guess is that you have completely wrong setup of tower positions and diagonal rod length. Check it again.
Your printer is likely not levelled as well I would guess.

The fact that moves in Z direction are straight and of a correct length indicates that you have properly selected printer type and steps per mm. XY dimensions depend on the geometry (tower positions and diagonal rod length) and steps per mm.

Maybe the new version of Marlin is broken. I do not know. I use about 3 years old Repetier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2023 12:24PM by hercek.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login