Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Redwizard3D shop

Posted by obijuan 
Re: Problems with Redwizard3D shop
March 26, 2012 04:17AM
Another week begins. Still no news. Still no money back. Will I have my money back this week? (I gave the money to Darren 12 weeks ago). I am desperate.

------
Página personal: [www.iearobotics.com]
Blog: [www.iearobotics.com]
March 26, 2012 05:01PM
I've replied to you via email, i've explained the situation. until paypal pull their finger out i have no money to ship kits or pay back refunds. When i have funds I will refund you. I cant do anything until I have funds.
March 27, 2012 03:39AM
yeah, right. It is never your fault. It was paypal's fault that after 8 weeks you have not ship the kit. It was also paypal's fault that you lied to me when you told me you had everything in stock and my order is shipped in two weeks after paying. Paypal is so evil that you cannot even do a money transfer directly to my bank account (by the way, I have also sent it to you). It is paypal's fault that I had to spend more money on buying another 3D printer kit in xyzprinters because you did not ship to me in time. And of course, it is paypal's fault that you owe to me 357,42GBP or €449,60. Poor Darren, Paypal is conspiring against you.

You know what? I do not trust on you. You are a liar and a thief.

An angry and fed up customer,
Juan

------
Collected my kit on Sunday.
Drove down to Devon, 400 miles round trip and there are many kits in Darren's workshop awaiting delivery. He is well meaning but I don't understand why he hasn't sent them out.
Collected my kit, a long journey. I hope that you get one or your money. There are many boxes of kits around his workshop. He has a real workshop and is a real and helpful person but he should have sent them out.
March 28, 2012 01:26PM
I am glad you have your kit at last. Currently, I do not want the kit but my money. I am so angry at him. What he is doing to me is not fair, not fair at all. I have had a lot of problems because of his lies.

------
Collected my kit personally. 400 miles round trip, ugh. Just starting to fathom how to get it together.
April 02, 2012 11:12AM
Another week and no money. PLEASE, GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!. It is MY MONEY not yours. I need it!. Mr. Darren Sim does never listen to his customers. That is the reason why he is having a lot of problems. He will have more in the future with that attitude!!

------
April 09, 2012 03:56AM
One more week. No money, no news. Darren, please tell me, what can I do to finish it? Do you prefer to ship my order instead of the money? It is okay. you haven't all the parts of my kit? Just tell me and we can make a deal. But please, PROPOSE SOLUTIONS! I just want to finish it as soon as possible!. I have one project delayed because of you. It is a pain in my ass and I want to kill it.

So, LISTEN to your customers, propose solutions, DO SOMETHING!!

------
April 10, 2012 09:16AM
I've been following this and it's dreadful.

Obijuan, did you know that this "Redwizard" guy is in the #reprap chatroom on the irc network Freenode most days. I see him there all the time, talking and chatting with the other reprappers.

If you drop in you could ask him, in real time and in front of a lot of other people, why he STILL hasn't given you back your money after lettng you down so badly. I'd be interested to hear him answer you, and I think all the other good reprap people in the chatroom should know the way he's been treating you. I urge you to drop in.
April 10, 2012 09:35AM
Hi Gruff,

Thank you very much for that information. I will drop in for sure. I really don't know what to do to have my money back or my order shipped :-(

------
April 12, 2012 02:44AM
Exactly three month ago I placed my order... I cant believe that today I have nothing but anger, helplessness and frustration...

I have sent Darren more emails proposing solutions, but no answer. He really do not want to solve this situation. Now I am sure about it. So I will have to take legal actions. There are no other chances.

------
April 12, 2012 06:00AM
Hi Gruff,

Today I've dropped in the irc channel. Darren (redwizard-nb) entered at 10:06. I tried to chat to him but no luck. He did not answered my call. I talked to Kliment and other reprapers.

[10:38] I am having a lot of problems with the Redwizard3D shop (Darren sim). I placed my order 3 month ago and ... still I am waiting
[10:38] Anyone here had the same problem?
[10:42] Obijuan_: Hey there. Paypal froze his account so he can't get at his money and can't do refunds either.
[10:42] Obijuan_: It's a bit of a shitty situation. Are you anywhere near him?
[10:43] Kliment: no I live in Madrid
[10:44] Kliment: I am trying to solve this situation, but Darren do not answer my emails. I have propose him to send me the kit instead refunding my money
[10:45] Obijuan_: He's here on the channel very often
[10:45] redwizard-nb: Are you awake?
[10:45] Obijuan_: I talked to him yesterday.
[10:45] Kliment: I know. That's the reason I am here :-)
[10:45] Obijuan_: So just hang around for a bit and he'll show up
[10:47] Kliment: Darren promised me 3 month ago that my kit would be ready in 2 weeks. So I placed my order an payed him. At that time his paypal account was not frozen
[10:48] Kliment: after 3 month, no money, no kit, no answer, no solutions, no nothing
[10:48] Obijuan_: Yes, I read that on the forum.
[10:48] Obijuan_: Very shitty situation. I definitely agree
[10:49] obijuan, where are you located
[10:51] terramir: in Madrid. I ordered everything for building a Prusa 2, except the printed parts
[10:51] Obijuan_: If you are not here when he shows up, I'll make sure he contacts you
[10:52] bummer you have the plasitc parts already?
[10:52] kliment: Thanks you very much. I just want to solve it as soon as possible
[10:53] terramir: I payed 357,42GBP (€449,60)
[10:53] that sucks
[10:53] terramir: yes, I have all the plastic parts

------
April 15, 2012 12:36PM
He seems to want to completely ignore his responsibility to you and blame everything on Paypal, that's disgraceful.

You've been patient enough, I think you should now take legal action against him.

You can look into at least two options to begin with...

In the UK the official body which investigates and enforces proper treatment of customers by business is Trading Standards. The TS office closest to his address (EX32 8EH) is in Exeter. Here is their website:

[www.tradingstandards.gov.uk]

Get in touch with them, tell them you sent the money to this trader and he has broken all his promises to deliver the goods and now refuses to refund you. Do be patient with them though, they are pretty busy usually, but they should be able to help or advise or act for you. See what they say.

The other route is simply taking him to court. In the UK this kind of claim is handled in what we call the Small Claims Court. You can file the action online via their webpage and it is very easy to do. You do have to pay a fee to start the action (about 35 GBP) but you can add that to the claim. There are no other solicitors fees, the process is designed to be simple for ordinary individuals to handle. This kind of claim would go very badly for Darren Sim, as once the court enters a judgement against him (which would surely happen given the circumstances and the evidence you have) his credit record will be ruined. He will not be able to get a normal bank account, or a mortgage, or credit card or car loan etc. for 6 years.

Additionally, if he does not pay you after the court judgement you can ask the court to enforce their order, which they will do by sending bailiffs to his house/workshop to remove his goods or equipment or vehicles etc, and sell them at auction to raise the money owed. You do not have to pay for this, the costs will be added to what Darren owes (and it is an *expensive* process).

Here are a couple of links to the small claims websites:

[www.direct.gov.uk]

[www.direct.gov.uk]

The only complication here might be that you cannot attend court easily, obviously. But the process allows someone else to be present for you so that might be arranged. Explain to the Trading Standards people that you are an EU citizen and you need their advise and help with this trader and a court action. See what they suggest.

At this stage I wouldn't accept any kit form him, he's just too unreliable and, apparently, dishonest. Good luck getting your money back, I'll help where I can.
April 16, 2012 05:11AM
Hi,

Unfortunately, I'me also one of the people conned by Darren. I've paid 649.98 GBP for the full kit and have not received anything but excuse mails until now. 2 weeks ago he stopped responding completely. I've tried reasoning with him and was most patient, as I really like to think best in people.
I knew I take a huge risk waiting more than the 45 days PayPal protection belt, but decided to trust him, as he was quite persuasive and I knew where he lived and all.
I thought that I'm amongst the only ones cheated, as I'm from Romania and the distance means it's harder to take legal action, but guess I was wrong.
It's a shame that things like this happen in a community aimed at promoting open learning and innovation. Buyers be warned!
I actually don't know what to do next. I hate suing people or going to the police, it's such a shame. I'll probably wait 2 more weeks, see if he comes to reason. If not, I'll follow Gruff's suggestions (thanks), as well as file a police claim. This is fraudulent behaviour and it's under police jurisdiction.
If anyone else is interested in a group action, I'm in, but I strongly suggest we come up with a non conflict-generating way of solving this. People sometimes get overwhelmed by problems and neglect their responsibilities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2012 09:59AM by TechMan.
April 18, 2012 04:03AM
Gruff, Many thanks for that so useful information.

During these days I have not been writing in the forum because last Friday I contacted with Darren by IRC (redwizard-kde). I did not want to blame him but to find a solution. I even accepted to have my order again, instead of the money. I just wanted to finish it as soon as possible.

He was very nice. He told me again that he has all the stuff (my order) just there. I offered him my help: "How can I help you? If you need money for shipping because the paypal account is fronzen I can send it to you, but please, ship it". He told me that there is no problem. He promised me that he would ship it on Saturday. He would do it "even if he has to carry it personally to spain", he said. Today is Wednesday and I have no news about the shipment. I have already sent him some emails but no success. I have been on the IRC since Monday without any luck. So, I am afraid that he has lied to me one more time.

Yesterday I sent him another email with a death line. If I have no news about the shipment before Friday, I will break the deal, get very angry and start the legal actions.

Now I am sure we will not answer. I will wait until Friday. Then I directly will start the legal actions as Gruff suggested. I really do not wanted to get to this point... but there is no other way.

Darren is going to have a lot of problems. I cannot really understand why is he doing it. I tried to make a deal with him. I even told him that if he does not have all the parts of my order (because of problems with suppliers or whatever), It does not matter. He can replace the missing parts by other parts... but he always insisted that he has everything... so why not shipping??? Why having some many problems with their customers???

------
April 18, 2012 08:13AM
i am also waiting for a small order to be shipped. I talked to him on irc one week ago, he assured me he would check and ship it in the weekend, but i had no feedback since then.. He stopped coming in irc, or hide behind another nickame, he don't answer to emails, he don't accept friend request on skype or msn messenger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2012 08:13AM by hariseldon78.
April 18, 2012 10:06AM
The last time I talked to him on IRC was this Friday... but since then he has not dropped in anymore

seen redwizard*
redwizard-kde was last seen in #reprap 6 days 3 hours ago saying 'i've got a "proper" payment gateway ordered'.

Today I have been the whole day connect to the IRC without any luck. I have talked to other reprapers. Kliment told me he would try to contact Darren.

I have made the decision of taking legal actions this Friday. I told to Kliment and he agreeded. Maybe Darren have a lot of problems... but with that attitude he will have worse problems in the near future.

------
April 19, 2012 06:16AM
Darren, Today is your last day to contact me. Tomorrow I will start the legal actions. No return. You have been warned. I will not accept more excuses.

I will be available at reprap IRC the whole day. It is up to you

seen redwizard*
[12:02] redwizard-kde was last seen in #reprap 6 days 23 hours ago saying 'i've got a "proper" payment gateway ordered'.

Darren is completely missing

------
April 19, 2012 10:22AM
he doesn't answer the phone either..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 10:23AM by hariseldon78.
April 20, 2012 04:41AM
Today I am starting the battle. As Gruff suggested, I will get in touch with these people:

[www.tradingstandards.gov.uk]

------
April 20, 2012 05:16AM
Darren is hiding from us. Of course, he is "alive". He uploaded the last pictures to flick on April 18th:

[www.flickr.com]

by the way, the quality of these x-ends is really poor... He is lying to us and what is worse, he is not a "wizard" on the 3D printing world.

------
April 20, 2012 12:43PM
I have just placed a complaint in

[www.adviceguide.org.uk]

Here you are the direct link to the form you have to fill in:

[ssl.datamotion.com]

I think that we all have to fill in this form. The more complaints the faster they will actuate.

I am waiting for them to answer. I will keep you all informed about my complaint.

------
April 21, 2012 02:11AM
Hey Reprapers,

I ordered a kit in December. Lots of excuses and no printer nor refund.

I have filed a case at
[www.ic3.gov].

I have just filed a case at
[ssl.datamotion.com]

Thanks,

Tony

I look forward to getting this resolved and building a 3D printer at some point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2012 02:12AM by tonypr.
April 21, 2012 02:51AM
Hi Tony!

Thanks for the information! I have just filled a case at:

[www.ic3.gov]

Juan

------
April 21, 2012 03:11PM
I am using twitter to spread the word about Darren Sim.

His twitter account is:

[twitter.com]

Juan

------
April 21, 2012 03:45PM
I have created the hash tag #Dont_buy_at_redwizard3d

[twitter.com]

I am so angry at this guy...

Juan

------
April 23, 2012 08:47AM
The redwizard3d.com does no longer exist

[redwizard3d.com]

I cannot connect to it.... What is happening? Can anyone check it? Has anyone contact Darren?

This is getting worse and worse....

------
April 23, 2012 11:33AM
Hello Obijuan,
I also place my order a lot months ago and every time that i send mail to darren his answers are excuses.
I saw that we are a lot with the same problem and what Gruff suggests i think is the only solution.
We are all angry and we come from different nations, i think the unique solution is to denounce him to an authority in england.
I will follow this forum because i haven't the twitter account and i hope that somebody will write some good news.

Lory
May 02, 2012 01:58PM
Anyone got any news?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login