Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buying a 3D printer, but which one?

Posted by cordova85 
Buying a 3D printer, but which one?
December 01, 2017 08:30PM
I have been researching 3D printers on and off for some time and every time I come back to my search the market has expended some more. The Ultimaker 2 keeps coming out top of the online reviews so should it be an easy decision and this is the 'best' one to buy?

My original plan was to limit the spend to £1000 and the printers that have shown most promise in this range are the lulzbot mini and the UP plus 2. The application for parts is model helicopter scale components, prototyping RC components such as rotor heads and multicopter parts. Then, another spanner has been thrown in with the opportunity to have a go at making patterns for castings for RC engines.

So, Which 3D printers are people using with the most success?
Re: Buying a 3D printer, but which one?
December 02, 2017 04:44AM
Are you looking for a ready-built printer, as opposed to a kit? What is your budget, what print size do you need, and what materials do you want to print?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Buying a 3D printer, but which one?
July 18, 2018 04:42PM
hy, i also search for 3d printer. i need something big but Inexpensive. i have some ideas ,but I do not have much experience in this field. Can anyone help me with this? I'd be happy to get help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login