Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS arduino shield production with enough interest

Posted by max mulholland 
RAMPS arduino shield production with enough interest
May 11, 2011 05:50PM
I have spent the last moth or so quoting and sourcing PCB's and components for a RAMPS arduino shield production run if there is enough interest. all the prices are likely high but without a definite response from Pololu I have approximate prices from their website.none of the sets would come with an arduino MEGA. the more intrest I see the more I can order and the cheaper the parts can get this being said all prices are tentative.

Kit #1 bare PCB $6-12 USD

Kit #2 DIY Kit #1 + electronic components (headers, cap's, resistors, etc...) $40-55 USD

Kit #3 DIY Kit #2 + Stepper drivers and heat sinks x4 $90-115 USD

Kit #4 Assembled Kit #3 + Opto's x3 and flags and $150-165 USD

Kit #5 Assembled Kit #4 + triple relay board $170-185 USD

If I hear from Pololu on the price of stepper drivers these prices may drop. all I need to get these out in to the world is a sense of how many kits people would be interested in and a few calls to manufactures / vendors sales will be through a web store via PayPal shipping to US will be USPS.
I will keep this thread updated.

respond through PM to this thread directly or by email

-Max Mulholland
FarCreekForge@gmail.com
Re: RAMPS arduino shield production with enough interest
May 11, 2011 10:35PM
to clarify potential discrepancys and unease with me binning new to the reprap forums.

first an introduction I am Max Mulholland i am a blacksmith and I founded Far Creek Forge five years ago I have 20-30 days of public demonstrations a year but most of my business is done in the form of commissions for professional cutlery and rendezvous equipment. as a general business practice I never take payment before the commissioned piece is completed. I have been following the reprap since 2007 ish with the Darwin when I saw it I wanted one but the cost and parts sourcing was relatively restrictive. a little over a year ago I built a repstrap mill of sorts which was relatively unreliable based on my electronics and custom bits i upgraded to a mostly local sourced cupcake cnc last fall as well as printing a Prusa Mendel which is in the final stages of completion.

I am going to produce a volume of PCB's and Kits incurring all costs myself and then to make the kits available to the reprap community. the volume which is produced determines the final cost of the PCB's and Kit's. the volume I have produced is based upon the #of people in the community who show potential interest in the RAMPS shield.
Re: RAMPS arduino shield production with enough interest
June 29, 2011 07:57PM
You may want to look into the StepStick, an open source Pololu replacement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login