Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Simple Dispenser

Posted by VDX 
VDX
Simple Dispenser
November 25, 2008 02:43PM
Hi all,

here i'll post some images and progress when building some paste-dispensers of different size and later some fabbing-samples ...

First the images of pre-assembling a 'mini'-dispenser with a 5ml-cartouche

1. - all parts:

2. - pre-assembled an in 'load'-position:

3. - 'empty'-position:

Next i'll complete this type with a fixing-clamp for the cartouche, make some testt and build a second bigger one for 50ml-cartouches ...

The parts are easy enough to reprap them, so everyone is encouraged to make his/her own or develop better concepts ...

Viktor
sid
Re: Simple Dispenser
November 25, 2008 06:02PM
looks good.

maybe you can modify the existing reprapped version (if you can get hold of the stls that is)
[blog.reprap.org]

'sid

PS Now I know...
grinning smiley
I knew it looks familiar.
Blogentry: [builders.reprap.org] // "Biollante Regenerates"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 06:04PM by sid.
November 25, 2008 07:11PM
Reiyuki, Lord Cat, TylerM, these were the people blogging when I first started looking at Reprap, I haven't seen anything from them lately. I wonder what happened to them and their machines.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 24, 2009 11:00AM
Hi

Where can I get the design for this syringe pump, or the part list, I am very interested in this desing
VDX
February 24, 2009 02:21PM
Hi chempi,

here the images of the completed assembly:

... and the cartouche-head:

In my first post you can see all the parts - i added only an L-shape-rail against freerun of the nut and a spring as cartouche-holder.

For UV-curable resins (especially "Acrifix 192") i added 6 UV-LED's.

There is no list - i milled some blades with the right holes for the special cartouche and have to make another set for the bigger ones ...

Viktor
February 25, 2009 05:23AM
Hi Viktor, did you use this one for ceramic slurry? Was thinking about building this for my first tests. My question is, where do you attach it to the reprap. It looks really high, is it stable when printing or do you use it on a McWire type of machine?
VDX
February 25, 2009 06:24AM
Hi unfold,

for ceramic slurry i used another setup with thicker needles (coded green) - but they clogged occasionally after some minutes, so i mixed my own slurries with glass- or ceramic-dust and glycerin or waterglass as paste-basis.

Recently i've got some samples of hollow borosilicate glass-spheres in dispersion smaller 0,1mm size (peak at 0,05mm, range from 0,0001 to 0,1mm) what's an interesting fabbing material because of the better fluidity of the spheres in respect to the sharp-edged microparticles of ceramic dust.

The actual dispenser is fixed beside my mill-head on the CNC-mill - i posted some images in the german forum, but the posts are truncated and the (embedded) images are gone too.

I'll atach the photos when home again ...

Viktor
VDX
February 25, 2009 01:28PM
... here the image of the dispenser mounted beside my millhead:

February 26, 2009 05:58PM
Hi Viktor.

Genau! Think I can forget the idea of mounting that on a BfB Reprap... I'm not a mechanical guy but wouldnt a linear stepper require less space albeit being more expensive. Maybe the pressure generated would be less than this setup? Sad because I love this simple design.

I'll look into the original one that Sid posted. Is there an crew working on a 'standardised' syringe design? Syringe is referenced all over the wiki but it seems abandoned in favor of the thermoplast extruder way back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2009 06:03PM by unfold.
sid
March 21, 2009 04:50AM
unfold,
if you take a close look, the one I found in the blogs and the one viktor made is technically the same, Viktor just has the necessary plate to mount the motor and syringe to. That's mainly all the difference.

And if I got nophead right th one who actually posted the picture I quoted above hasn't been here for a while, so I guess there is no other actually working on a syringe based extruder other than viktor.

But you can take a look at the fab@home extruder, they use syringes.

'sid
VDX
February 23, 2010 03:44PM
... atached are all my dispensers and cartouches in one image.

The pneumatic dispensers (two with the small black boxes and the bigger one with fixature for the CNC-Z-axis) were used for dispensing solder-paste or glue ... they can be used for fabbing too, but the big one is tricky to handle because of the big volume - i have to apply a vacuum-shot when stopping ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Attachments:
open | download - Disp-Alle.jpg (62.3 KB)
VDX
March 12, 2010 08:13AM
... created Wiki-page "VDX Paste Dispenser" ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

March 12, 2010 05:42PM
I noticed, via
[objects.reprap.org]

Thank you.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
December 02, 2012 08:21AM
Hi Viktor,

Your dispenser stuff looks quite nice. Do you think you could build me one of these? Iam not very familiar with mechanics and build technical stuff...so it would be a real challenge for me to do it on my one...What I would need is a dispenser for normal viscosity (water) which could dispense drops with volume between 15-50µl...

volker
VDX
December 03, 2012 03:20AM
Hi Volker,

where are you located - Germany?

I've lack of time and busy with other urgent tasks, so could have problems to make another until January ... but if you get hold of a linear drive, it's really easy to assemble ...

Viktor
--------

December 07, 2012 05:24AM
Hi Viktor,

So another try to write something into the forum winking smiley
Iam from Austria and you?
Mmmh no I dont have a linear drive, but most of the other stuff. Well I will try but if it lack could you do me one of these. I wonder if its possible to print some of the parts...

volker
VDX
December 07, 2012 06:11AM
Hi Volker,

I'm located near Frankfurt/Main ... shipping shouldn't be a problem, but getting time to build a new one could be harder to achieve eye rolling smiley

Do you have some specs/dimensions?

I've ordered the cartouches at Globaco - they have different sizes and types, what should be considered first ...

Viktor
--------

December 15, 2012 05:46AM
Hallo Viktor,

Ja danke für den Link, Spritzen und Kolben hab ich schon. Das Volumen für die Spritze ist maximal 5mlheld, also alles recht klein. Ich muss die Pumpe a bissal anderst bauen. Sollt ichs nicht hinbekommen würd ich mich gern nochmal bei dir melden. Ist das ok für dich?

volker
VDX
December 15, 2012 04:10PM
... ja, kannst du machen grinning smiley

Viktor
--------

May 13, 2016 05:39AM
Awesome! Please share the files so that others may try it!

Dictator at - www.AgroEngineers.com
Creating - [www.LionBeast.com] - 3D Printers
VDX
May 13, 2016 06:21AM
... what files? - the CNC-program was made with IsyCAD, so only usefull for Isel-controlleres ... and only, if you have the right motor.

It's easier to design it from scratch with individual numbers, than modify the CNC files.

Here the actualized link to the WiKi-page, as the old seems to be broken - [reprap.org]

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login