Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ceramic 3D printing

Posted by maitri982 
Ceramic 3D printing
February 10, 2010 09:01PM
this is in Washingotn state. they are getting some very nice details using a process that is similar to laser sintering without the laser.

[open3dp.me.washington.edu]
Re: Ceramic 3D printing
February 11, 2010 01:30AM
What they're doing is making open source alternatives to the powder/binder setups used by Zcorp printers. The binder/activator is applied by an inkjet head to the powder, the powder bed drops a level and gets a new layer of powder, repeat as necessary. Besides just cheaper feedstock for ZCorp printers they're experimenting with powders that can be kiln-fired into pottery and glass.
February 12, 2010 12:39AM
I spoke with Dr. Mark Ganter some time ago. We may start mirroring their recipes in the RepRap wiki. (With permission, cited, linked, and so on).

This is because we'll be doing other recipes like [[Epoxy-Granite]] and [[Bronze Paste]]* which aren't necessarily powder printable.

Once I get the [[Inkjet]] stuff up onto the wiki, we'll be one step closer to getting [[Powder Printer]] into existence.
[objects.reprap.org]

* Bronze powder/clay notes: [dev.forums.reprap.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
February 24, 2010 02:54PM
You might be interested in our work on ceramics with Reprap:
unfoldfab.blogspot.com
We will soon post our first findings, recipes and tooldesigns in the wiki.
February 16, 2011 04:32PM
At Bowling Green State University they are producing intricate art objects using a ceramic material in a Zprint 310 platform. The results are very close to traditional ceramic materials. A new website has just been launched with their research.

www.ceramic3dprinting.com
February 17, 2011 03:08AM
Early days yet, but I have made a start on a powder printer. powderbed
And just started the stub

Random Precision
February 17, 2011 04:06AM
That one's going to be fun, johnrpm. grinning smiley

Once it's at hello world, it will take off as people adapt to other inkjet printers, solo inkjet heads, SLS, etc. Keep doing the good work, eh?

I've added a forum widget to the wiki page, so that people who find it via the wiki will be able to find the discussion thread and contribute.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
February 17, 2011 08:19AM
Thanks, will do it as quick as time permits.

Random Precision
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login