Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chocolate Extruder smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by Kolbi 
Chocolate Extruder smiling bouncing smiley
June 01, 2014 10:15PM
Hi guys, i'd like to show you my work too: Forum Link

Hopefully i get the whole new prototypes in a few days, they will be precision cnc machined from FDA grade materials and nearly no leakage. As you can see in my videos, i already made good results with a small water pump.

Greetings from Austria,

Nick smileys with beer
Re: Chocolate Extruder smiling bouncing smiley
September 03, 2014 09:46AM
Nice design, is it easy to clean?
March 18, 2015 12:00PM
Nice design ! Very Simple easy to understand design.! smiling smiley
Well why not chocolate available as filament like PLA and ABS.?
January 26, 2016 12:19PM
Aakysank
Nice design ! Very Simple easy to understand design.! smiling smiley
Well why not chocolate available as filament like PLA and ABS.?

My English is not so good, i speak german, so i dont know if you really understood the working principle.

You do NOT need filament shaped Chocolate. You just throw chocolate pieces into the funnel, it will melt, and the gear-pump will do the dosing.

Imagine, you dont need a heavy syringe, just a refill station on the side of the printer. When the funnel is empty, the print head drives to the refill station, then back to work. You could also make it bowden style if the pump design is sealing good enough inside, to reach high pressures.

The prototype manufacturing is too expensive, so i couldnt do anything new. Therefore i made a kickstarter project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/592599193/schokostruder-chocolate-and-liquid-extruder-for-3d

Goal is to improve and publish the design, so everyone can use it. I´m sure a few companies will produce it very cheap in masses, for 50 bucks or below on ebay.
Its just a few pieces plastic or stainless, only requirement is a accurate cnc-lathe with driven tools, and at best a bar loader to reduce working time and blend.

I hope the Funding will be a success, then you will soon see me printing myself in life-size chocolate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Best wishes, Nick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 12:27PM by Kolbi.
May 02, 2016 03:03PM
This discussion is so sparse ... did you came up with another design ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login