Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

okies nothing but sample works sad smiley

Posted by terramir 
okies nothing but sample works sad smiley
March 15, 2012 07:54PM
I figure I go here step by step and say exactly what I did so far.
first bit bang with parallel port
avrdude -p atmega644P -C C:\arduino-0023\hardware\tools\avr\etc\avrdude.conf -c dapa -P lpt1 -U lfuse:w:0xF7:m -U hfuse:w:0xDC:m -U efuse:w:0xFC:m

avrdude -p m644P -C C:\arduino-0023\hardware\tools\avr\etc\avrdude.conf -c dapa -P lpt1 -U flash:w:bootloader644p20MHz.hex
that succeeds I upload the test firmware and that works too, however since I have one of those cp2102 modules I have to then wipe the firmware with the one above. I figured out I have to plug in the molex connectors as well for the led to blink doh)
I put the generation 7 support files where they belong and I select 644p with 20mhz cause that's what my chrystal is.
I unzip the teacup firmware triffid-Teacup_Firmware-e93821b and rename it to Teacup_Firmware. I rename the config.gen7.h to config.h and thermistortable.gen7.h to thermistor.h.
load the teacup.pde and hit the play button it says the size is around 17k bytes then I upload it okies it says upload complete.
but then I close the arduino ide and I open pronterface (tried other softwares as well no dice) com 3 or com 4 (change it in the system properties just in case well select 115200 and hit connect
BUT it won't connect tried different speeds a different computer and no dice
I tried massing with the flow control the UART buffers everything it just won't connect for some reason.

is there anyway to use the arduino software to check the firmware inside the atmega maybe there is something scred up there?
help
terramir
Re: okies nothing but sample works sad smiley
March 16, 2012 07:17AM
What was the com port you used inside arduino studio ? Might want to make sure you use the same in your host software.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
March 16, 2012 08:59AM
If you have such basic trouble, using a serial terminal is a good diea. GtkTerm on Linux, CoolTerm on the Mac, HyperTerminal or Putty on Windows. After a reset you should see a "start" coming in, typing "m114" (blindly) should give you a position report.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 16, 2012 05:08PM
figured it out it was a solder bridge from R10 to pololu enable that was causing most of the problems go figure
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login