Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need Bootloader as Hex File

Posted by steven85 
Need Bootloader as Hex File
May 02, 2012 02:21PM
Hello Guy's,

i don't know if this is the correct Forum, but i hope so?

I'M building a prusa mendel with Gen7 1.2 Electronics and i'm totaly new to flashing bootloaders and that stuff.
I bought a AVR Dragon for flashing the bootloader, but as far as it seems to me the dragon isnt comptible with the
adruino IDE.
So i cant burn the bootloader from there. But in the repository for the gen7 Electronics thers only the source for the bootloader, and i don't really know how to compile that to a file.

So it would be really really great (really ! smiling smiley if somebody could send me the bootloader as hex file, wich i can burn with avr studio.
I'M using the AT mega 644 @ 20 MHZ.

regards
Stefan
Re: Need Bootloader as Hex File
May 03, 2012 06:57AM
I tried as well and couldn't upload a bootloader from the Arduino IDE either. The IDE tries to do this at high speed, which a factory fresh ATmega can't deal with. For working procedures, see [reprap.org]

To compile the Gen7 bootloader(s), use the make.sh shell script there. You'll also find the Gen7 Arduino IDE Support package (a .zip) in the release documents folder. Hex files are inside this .zip, just a bit hidden.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: Need Bootloader as Hex File
May 03, 2012 08:23AM
Hello Traumflug,

as i'm on windows i cant run the .sh i guess? or cann i run it within the ide?

but anyway i saw you did an update on Bootloader section on the wiki and now i'M abled to find zip files with precompiled bootloaders in it smiling smiley

thx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login