Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

gen 7 1.31 ghost extruder problems Help sad smiley

Posted by terramir 
gen 7 1.31 ghost extruder problems Help sad smiley
March 23, 2012 05:43PM
Okies as long as I don't manually use the extruder it dun matter in testing I can move x, y, z without incident, however if I run the extruder just once afterwards no matter what move I make with the x, y axis (haven't tried z yet) the extruder will move as well. I tried setting the e-stop reverse thing to 0 thinking that might be it but no dice.
need some help, looked at the traces dun see anymore solder bridges, and if there were any wouldn't this happen all the time, but it just happens when I try to activate the extruder. Also having problems with the thermistor for the heater it registers some outrageous number, however I had the headers swapped accidently while I was testing and the header works because the extruder was heating up and pronterface registered it as the bed heating up, but that was because it was plugged in reverse, but the thermistor seems to work with a multimeter attached so I'm weirded out about this as well.
Firmware is teacup as posted in the link from the gen71.31 from about two weeks ago even tried unzipping it again and then recompling without my changes save for the endstops I don't have mounted yet. But no dice.
Help
terramir

Anyways this is the standard 1.31, just for info's sake.
Re: gen 7 1.31 ghost extruder problems Help sad smiley
March 24, 2012 05:49AM
I think I've found a bug in Teacup. Well, without even looking at the source, as I know Teacup pretty well. The recent change to a different algorithm for E movements is the culprit. Until this is fixed, you can use the master branch.

Can you tell me wether you have E_ABSOLUTE defined? Wether you use M82/M83?

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 24, 2012 03:32PM
I'll check later the machine is offline till I fix my clogged extruder, the temperature was sinking too much found the problem the 12V line had like 10V added dummy load it seems to fix the psu problem my design uses a 4.7ohm resistor and well 10V 2.1 amp is not enough with the heatsinked design it cooled down too much. the temps rise much quicker during my test however I need to clean out my tip smiling smiley
Hopefully with 12v this will work a little smoother. But really until I print myself a lathe I'm gonna have problems due to the ptfe never having an exact center hole (it's close but no cigar).
I will see if it understands M82 and M83 later actually I think it doesn't even understand M84 (and that emergency stop is important!)

terramir
March 24, 2012 03:56PM
Emergency stop is the reset button. An emergency stop implemented in software is pointless, because it requires the firmware and serial connection to work.

And thank you for the information about your E_ABSOLUTE setting. I'll have to find out this on my own.

April 01, 2012 04:12PM
Traumflug,

Having the same problem. Will try with master branch. Could you advice what are things to worry about when switching back to master branch for Gen7?
April 02, 2012 06:34AM
Both branches will run on a Gen7 and both branches advance every now and then, so simply upgrading on the same branch might help. For example due to this patch on the Gen7 branch: [github.com]

April 02, 2012 04:09PM
Alright. I've already tried that, actually, i.e. downloaded teacup master and put old gen7 config over that. Can confirm that it prints correctly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login