Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Atmega Programmer

Posted by AriesPrinters 
Atmega Programmer
June 14, 2014 10:40AM
I recently completed the gen 7 1.5 board for my printer and I'm having trouble uploading the firmware to the Atmega1284-pu. I followed these instructions... all well except the zip download doesn't work and I don't have a programmer. I did all I can by improvisation and other sites and ignored the bootloader process(I'm not sure if mine has one or not) and uploaded to the microcontroller from arduino IDE 0023. The message left was:

Binary sketch size: 48602 bytes (of a 131072 byte maximum)

avrdude: Can't find programmer id "stk500v1"

Valid programmers are:

...so I guess it means i need a programmer to upload the bootloader? If so, will a parallel programmer suffice? Or do I need to find that zip, which I can't find... so I will need to find a new set of instructions. The board has a mcp2200 built in, and I configured the boards.txt to accomodate my atmega and 20 mhz crystal. I don't want to spend too much more on the printer, already spent 300$ on it and this is the last element... I hope smiling smiley Any advice, change of direction, thoughts and links will be greately appreciated smiling smiley

I live in Poland, so links to stores out of Europe won't be helpfull.
Re: Atmega Programmer
June 15, 2014 07:39AM
AriesPrinters
I followed these instructions

How about following instructions in the RepRap wiki? [reprap.org]

AriesPrinters
...so I guess it means i need a programmer to upload the bootloader? If so, will a parallel programmer suffice?

Yes and yes.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login