Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Q: gen7 v1.4 Inductor Change & BOD

Posted by dida_r 
Q: gen7 v1.4 Inductor Change & BOD
January 06, 2013 11:19AM
I saw scuba post on german language reprap forums, his experiment changing 100uh inductor with 10uh has effect on bod. Then I saw a youtube video by scuba show hot swap smiling smiley inductor make marlin firmware work without bod problems.

I think inductor has a role on bod problem ( i experence this problem too on marlin, not on teacup), or teacup has overide these problem using software solution rather than hardware. I dont have programmer to set fuse and desoldering and soldering new inductor is cheaper than buying avar programmer.
My question, if I change the inductor to 10uh, are there side effect on board operations like thermistor reading, motor movement or heater ?
Re: Q: gen7 v1.4 Inductor Change & BOD
January 07, 2013 05:02AM
As discussed on the german forum the mentioned coil is part of the "low pass filter" which should lead to a better resolution on the adc. So the only part which might be influenced are thermistor readings.But since I've changed to 10uH I haven't noticed any issues with it. User "Rodscher" did some testing on his oszi and also found it good to go.

Traumflug allready switched to 10uH in his new GEN7 v1.5.(see github)
January 07, 2013 05:40AM
Thanks Scuba, I gonna try change inductor coil to 10uH, and about thermistor reading issue do I have to change C19 0.1 uF as well to compensate, dunno about optimal size C19 smiling smiley.
January 07, 2013 08:40AM
January 08, 2013 10:45AM
I soldered 10uH inductor, and marlin firmware seem happy, all motor moves, heaters working, but thermistor reading seems wrong. Extruder thermistor read as heat bed thermistor, for quick fix, just swap thermistor connector.
January 09, 2013 03:47AM
Or change the pin assignement in pins.h. Don't think it has anything todo with your new coil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login