Gen7 V1.5 USB problem
March 07, 2013 12:43PM
Hello,

I´m new to this forum. My name is Steve i´m from Germany an i´m studying electrical engineering an informatics.

I startet to bild my first reprap with a gen7 V1.5 electronics, but i got some problemes with my usb connection.
Sometimes it works, that my computer recognizes my controller, but most times it just sais unknown device.

What i have already done:
-changing the used cable (i got 3 to test an they all work with my printer)
-unsoldered and re soldered the MCP2200
-checking the whole board with backlight if there are any connections, that shouldn´t be

So now i wanted to ask you:

Could it be a probblem, that i used old capacitors C5 and C15, don´t know how old but i think some years.
Probably one of you guys has got a good idea, what to do an where to search beacause of my failure.
I also think there are some really small connections possible. CNC milling the board wasn´t a that good idea in my optinion.

I´m sorry for all my writing mistakes.

Steph
Re: Gen7 V1.5 USB problem
March 08, 2013 01:32AM
Is it doing this when first plugged in, or just after trying to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in? As far as I'm aware, if it's after unplugging the cable, that's just how it works. The power to the board has to be completely shut off long enough for the standby LED to go out, and then turned back on. Then it should enumerate properly. It's a result of having the mcp2200 powered by the gen7 board and not the USB cable, it gets out of sync with the host and the only option is a reset.
March 08, 2013 02:17AM
Hi,

thank you for your answer.
No it hasn´t been the plugging problem. I have been really frustrated, so i just took a hot air blower and heated the whole board like crazy. Till now no there are no more problems.
March 27, 2013 09:36AM
Hello,

I am new here.
Dont want to create a new topic, so i will ask here.

I am having a problem loading program to Gen7 v1.5 via USB.
When i try to upload Test software via IDE it shows "Uploading..." for ~10 minutes than i get message "avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage (): timeout, also Tx LED is blinking once in ~8 second during all process.
Board - correct, Com port - correct, Programmer - which is correct one (tried all)?

PC dont have any problems to recognize device.
I am running WinXP SP3 x86; Aruidno-1.0.4; IDE v2.1.

After assembling controller i have performed:
-voltage checks-OK.
-Loaded 20Mhz bootloader (fresh Atmega1284P) via ISP on the board, using Dasa cable.
-MCP2200 configured: LEDs checked, CTS/RTS unchecked.

Maybe somebody had similar issue? Maybe some setting are mising?
March 28, 2013 06:35AM
There's a report of a broken 20 MHz bootloader in the support v2.1 package: [forums.reprap.org] Haven't investigated that yet. For other versions, see [reprap.org]

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 19, 2013 11:46PM
Good day Zoman

I have the exact same problem as you. did you by any chance resolve your problem?

I used an AVRISPII programmer to load the bootloader.

thanx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login