Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen7 1.4.1 1284P boot(daps) and marlin upload

Posted by terramir 
Gen7 1.4.1 1284P boot(daps) and marlin upload
May 20, 2013 09:13PM
Okies almost got my second gen7 board finished a 1.4.1 board (although I did some little mods on the circuit one resistor instead of 4 for the step jumpers and the jumpers are actually smd pads where you solder "solder bridges: instead of using physical jumpers figure I save myself some hole drilling there winking smiley
But now I am confused, about several things
But first things first, according to the manual I have to use 1.04 to upload the boot loader.
Nice and good I can do that using dapa bit banging the thing shouldn't be a problem that problem will start when I need to upload marlin, marlin if I am correct is programmed for 0.23 so How would I select 1284P @ 20 mhz in 0.23 sto upload the marlin firmware after I do the bit banging?
anyone here can walk my thought that?
#2 the little mcp2200 extension board if I want to use this before I solder it all together (BTW can't find the instructions anymore) I noticed it would go on the extension port, but if I want to use the extension port for lcd and such anyway to connect that thing to the serial header?
and #3 which direction do the 87xx mosfets go in before I solder those the black facing towards or away form the 24 pin psu header?
terramir
Re: Gen7 1.4.1 1284P boot(daps) and marlin upload
May 21, 2013 04:50AM

marlin if I am correct is programmed for 0.23 so How would I select 1284P @ 20 mhz in 0.23 sto upload the marlin firmware after I do the bit banging?

AFAIK, the avrdude coming with Arduino 0023 is too old to know about the ATmega1284P, so you have to use a more recent one. Other than that, you can install the first version of the Gen7 Arduino IDE Support package and replace boards.txt with the one from v2.1.

#2 the little mcp2200 extension board if I want to use this before I solder it all together (BTW can't find the instructions anymore) I noticed it would go on the extension port, but if I want to use the extension port for lcd and such anyway to connect that thing to the serial header?

Either make an extension board for both or use Gen7 v1.5, which has the MCP2200 on the main board. Instructions for the EB-USB-B are here: [reprap.org]

#3 which direction do the 87xx mosfets go in

The same way the previous ones do.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 21, 2013 06:34AM
Traumflug Wrote:
> Either make an extension board for both or use
> Gen7 v1.5, which has the MCP2200 on the main
> board. Instructions for the EB-USB-B are here:
> [reprap.org]

is there anyway to take the board you isolation milled and let say use a connector to the serial header with some wires? I dunno exactly which is which but am I right in assuming that this chip has reset, rxd1 and txd1 ,5V+ and Ground. just asking which pins are which then I could connect maybe an lcd and a sd card thing hopefully if there are no conflicts.

terramir
May 22, 2013 07:35AM

just asking which pins are which

Two ways to find out:

- Look into the schematic.

- Look into the layout, hoover over the extension board footprint and hit the "d" key. Pin names should appear.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login