Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen7 heater temp, please advice

Posted by zungmann 
Gen7 heater temp, please advice
June 10, 2013 02:51AM
Halo All,

I am now testing my J-Head MK V (bought from hotends.com) on Gen7 1.4.1 + Teacup and puzzled with this issue:
Suppose I heat the hotend to, for example, 80 deg, I notice the extruder led lights up until it read around 80 deg and turn off, but the hotend temp is not stay constant around 80 instead it keeps going up until 88 or event 90+ the slowly drops until around 79, then the lights up again for few seconds and stops when 80 deg reached. Again it still going up to around 90 deg.

This case happen for others temp setting. It somehow overshoots like 8 to 10 deg from target temperature.

I expect if I set the hotend temp 200 then it stays around 200. Temp_hysteresis set to 3. Please advice what needs to be done.
Re: Gen7 heater temp, please advice
June 10, 2013 05:51AM
Looks like your PID settings are too sharp for low temperatures. If you really need to keep the hotend at 80 °C, I'd try to reduce the D factor.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: Gen7 heater temp, please advice
June 26, 2013 01:40AM
Overshoot happens for higher temp like 200C. I believe it's something to do with the PID factors. I have no luck yet tuning it. Tried Marlin in it works perfectly, very fast reaching the target temp. Can I just use the PID factors from Marlin directly or need some scaling?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login