Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen 7, 1.5v AVR board, MCP2200 USB-TTL converter not working on Win XP 32bit SP2

Posted by threemicrons 
Gen 7, 1.5v AVR board, MCP2200 USB-TTL converter not working on Win XP 32bit SP2
November 27, 2013 10:11AM
Hello,

I'm currently finishing my third delta printer and hit a very strange error - i cannot get my backup laptop to communicate with MCP2200.

My main laptop has Win 7 OS, 64 bit. There I got the whole board working with some troubles but nothing too bad.

Because i'm on my backup, I assumed it would work easier, since its 32 bit XP, but unfortunately it did not.

I've tried the following things:

- installed MCP2200 drivers from the manufacturers homepage
- installed MCP2200 configuration app from the manufacturers homepage
- uninstalled and unplugged all other USB devices and reset the com ports in the device manager
- swapped to a completely unused board to see if something was wrong(there was nothing wrong).

I read through about 6-7 threads in this subforum relating to MCP 2200 issues but was not able to find a solution. I would like to point out that the board was a kit from Traumflugs shop, so everything should be good and dandy(since the other two boards work great).

Thanks for any and all help smiling smiley

P.S. - i tried swapping out the working board from my other delta to the one i'm building right now and same issue - MCP2200 does not communicate in 32bit XP, while when I connceted the blank board to the WIN 7 64 bit laptop, I managed to upload setuptest and then the firmware itself.
Re: Gen 7, 1.5v AVR board, MCP2200 USB-TTL converter not working on Win XP 32bit SP2
November 27, 2013 03:45PM
Try this microsoft KB.
[support.microsoft.com]
Re: Gen 7, 1.5v AVR board, MCP2200 USB-TTL converter not working on Win XP 32bit SP2
November 28, 2013 10:28AM
MeMadMax
Try this microsoft KB.
[support.microsoft.com]

thanks, I checked it and also updated to Service Pack 3 for XP, after that i got the MCP2200 chip to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login