Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen 7, AVR 1.5 board, steppers not turning/working

Posted by threemicrons 
Gen 7, AVR 1.5 board, steppers not turning/working
November 28, 2013 11:00AM
Hello,

I just had an issue with the MCP 2200 which got resolved(needed to update Win XP sp2 to Win XP sp3). I can upload firmware and monitor everything well.

The issue i have is following: after plugging in the USB cable and turning on the PSU, I open pronterface/repetier host. I open an test .STL and slice it. After slicing it, I ask the printer to start running the job.

While trying to start, I can see all the lights blink, but none of the motors are moving. In repetier I can also see that the code is being sent, yet motors are not turning.

My configuration is the same with my other 2 printers( Gen 7/ 1.5 board, poloulu 4498 steppers, corsair ATX powersupply, repetier 0.83 firmware), but for some reason I cannot get the motors to move or make a sound.

I also tried moving the motors in "dry run" mode, but that did not make it work either.

Does anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

Thanks for the help!
Re: Gen 7, AVR 1.5 board, steppers not turning/working
November 29, 2013 06:22AM
Check to make sure you got power at the stepper drivers.
November 29, 2013 08:23AM
EDIT:

I accidentally unplugged my +12v and +5v molex extender thus cutting power to my steppers. after i reattached it, the steppers sprang to life.

MeMadMax

Do you mean by using a multimeter? Or is there a different way to check?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2013 09:49AM by threemicrons.
November 29, 2013 06:30PM
threemicrons
EDIT:

I accidentally unplugged my +12v and +5v molex extender thus cutting power to my steppers. after i reattached it, the steppers sprang to life.

MeMadMax

Do you mean by using a multimeter? Or is there a different way to check?

Yea, check with a voltmeter. You would've seen that none of the stepper drivers were getting power so the next step would've been to check the power connectors, and looks like you found it lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login