Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smart 20x4 LCD controller and Megatronics 2.0 problem

Posted by darneg 
Smart 20x4 LCD controller and Megatronics 2.0 problem
April 05, 2014 04:33AM
Hi

Got the LCD Smart 2004 controller to my Megatronics 2.0 but can't get the rotating encoder to fully work.
The readouts from the LCD is great and OK but when i push the encoder knob i get a beep and the menu jumps to the next level but when i turn the encoder nothing happens.

In Marlin configuration.h I've set the "#define MOTHERBOARD 701" and "#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER" but do i need to change anything else in for example pins.h?

Any suggestions?

Another thing.
Does the SD card slot on the LCD controller work with Megatronics, i cant get it to?

//darneg
Re: Smart 20x4 LCD controller and Megatronics 2.0 problem
April 05, 2014 08:49AM
If you have a Sainsmart package, the adapter board between the Megatronics 2.0 board and LCD does not pass the external SD connection (or the kill switch) through. sad smiley Only the LCD and rotary encoder work with the Megatronics 2.0.....
April 06, 2014 07:05AM
vreihen
If you have a Sainsmart package, the adapter board between the Megatronics 2.0 board and LCD does not pass the external SD connection (or the kill switch) through. sad smiley Only the LCD and rotary encoder work with the Megatronics 2.0.....

I've got the geetech version but they look the same to me.
My problem was primarily that the rotary encoder didn't work (just the push function), can you help me make it work?

It's frustrating, cause i tried Repetiers fw-builder and got the rotary encoder working but then the SD-card (on the Megatronics board) didn't work and i can't find witch parts of the code to steal! angry smiley

I can live without the killswitch...
April 06, 2014 06:17PM
Hi,

I've got exactlythe same problem
I use a Ramps1.4 with sainsmart lcd for a prusa i3, everithing is ok except the rotary encoder, push is ok but not roll...
I try to by another one and the problem is the same ...

If sombody knows how ...

many thanks
April 07, 2014 08:35AM
Did you ask the seller and/or the designer of those 2 products ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login