Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mosfet Unavailable

Posted by Aj53 
Mosfet Unavailable
July 26, 2014 02:33AM
I am not able to get IRLB8743 Mosfet for the Gen 7 1.5.1
Are there any alternatives which are easily available?
what is the range of the values voltage and current that are compatible for the board.
Re: Mosfet Unavailable
July 26, 2014 06:16AM
Here are two alternatives mentioned: [reprap.org] , particularly IRL 3803 and FDP 8870

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 27, 2014 11:39AM
Thanks a Lot Traumflug for the reply.
But I could'nt even get the IRL 3803 and FDP 8870.
Could the IRFZ 44N & IRLZ 34N work?
Could you Please send me the range of values of Voltage and Current that will do?

And one more Question
Where can read about How to go about making a Control Board for a 3D printer?
Like How did one come up with the electronics for making the Gen 7 board, What part on the board is what,etc
I know one needs a lot of knowledge about Electronics for this.
But me currently pursuing Mechanical Engineering makes me helpless about the Electronics part of 3D printer.
Please help me out.
July 27, 2014 06:27PM
Aj53
Could the IRFZ 44N & IRLZ 34N work?

Yes, if you limit current to about 10 amps.

Aj53
Could you Please send me the range of values of Voltage and Current that will do?

This depends entirely on the device you want to connect. And sorry, I have no crystal ball to see what you intend to do. smiling smiley

Aj53
Where can read about How to go about making a Control Board for a 3D printer?

Why would you want to? If you find an issue with Gen7, describe it in an issue on Github, ideally with a solution attached. Reinventing the whel is very RepRap-like, still it's also very ineffective.

Aj53
I know one needs a lot of knowledge about Electronics for this.

You might want to re-evaluate this opinion. Here at RepRap mechanical engineers like me design electronics (Gen7) while electronics engineers design printer frames (Mendel90).

For basics, you may want to look at older designs, like Generation 2 or 3 electronics. They had a separate board for each task.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 28, 2014 08:39AM
Thanks Traumflug,
If I want to use my delta for Milling operations what changes does the Gen7 board require?
Also what change in firmware do i need.
Is there any good documentation on this?

One more thing,
I have an SMPS power supply 12V 30A , to provide 5V on the Gen7 should I regulate that 12V to 5V?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login