Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New affordable 3d dlp resin

Posted by DLP_Builder 
New affordable 3d dlp resin
August 26, 2013 06:34PM
Hi All,

After I designed and build my own Dlp printer on a shoestring (pictures up in the group [tech.groups.yahoo.com]) I came to the horrible conclusion I wouldn't be able to afford the resin to print anything.

So I looked into the recipes available for (visible)light curing resin.
I have found many recipes for near/visible light curing resin, but they are all designed to serve different purposes, excel in different fields. This basically means that their properties are for other means, like filling teeth or fixing boats etc. Some are very expensive to make, think teeth here. Others are cheap but have nasty properties for our goal.

After finding this out, I decided to start from the beginning, build from scratch so to speak. I dived into the field of poly chemistry and after six months of studying, I had a fair idea how it worked and made my own formula for a new Dlp resin. (At the same time I found out that a lot of the recipes published here and there in user groups wouldn’t never work and most importantly, why)

The resin I came up with has nice properties, no nasty smells and your hands won’t drop off when touching it.
It hardly shrinks on curing. It cures fast even with a normal, unmodified, low power dlp projector. The cured result is hard and strong and toolable.

But above all, its affordable for us all!

Fellow 3d printer enthusiasts encouraged me to market it, to give the resin a broader audience.
So last week I Launched my web site: www.funtodo.net were I’m looking for 3d Dlp printer people who want to become a distributor in other countries.
During the week I got e-mails from hundreds of people who wanted to buy the resin, or wanted to become a distributor in their own country.
For most of the countries I’ve got more than one applications, and by the end of this week I’m going to compile a short-list. The list is still open and preliminary negotiations will start next week, so if you are interested, visit the web site and read all about this new adventure.

There are also some countries, like the Nordic countries and some East European countries where I still haven’t received any applications from.

My aim is to make 3d Dlp printing accessible and affordable for everyone!

Danny
info@funtodo.net
the Netherlands
Re: New affordable 3d dlp resin
October 08, 2013 12:32PM
Hi Danny. The website looks unprofessional, like made in Word. You may have a nice product but work on marketing to generate trust to potential customers.

Get some website templates or just open an account on Tumblr and work with its templates. Not too hard and with better results than the current website.

Take care and good luck!
October 08, 2013 05:44PM
Hi Gaz,

Thanks for the constructive critique! thumbs up

The website is only a temporary introduction to let people know what it is all about, a fantastic new DLP resin affordable to us all!

Luckily, hundreds of potential users where enthusiastic enough to oversee the shortcomings of the layout of the temporary website and recognise the real importance of the message.
In the past month, agreements were made with distributors from all around the world to enable people to order their resin locally at a competitive price.

Especially proud I am of the contacts we have gained through our web site with several enthusiastic people from Argentina. The home country of our Queen Maxima!

As soon as the negotiations with all our distributors are completed, our new web site will be launched. A web site through which our customers can easily order their resins from their local distributor at a competitive price without having to pay the extensive shipping costs.

Best regards,

Danny
FunToDo the home of the affordable dlp resin!
the Netherlands

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2013 05:44PM by DLP_Builder.
January 04, 2014 11:00AM
Hi all,

Best wishes to all of you!

I have just updated the web-site with some new distributors.
I have put also some pictures made by users.

Tim Yoshi has placed a review on the B9C forum about the FunToDo resin with some great pictures!

Danny
August 23, 2014 07:39AM
Hi Gaz,

It took some time, but there it is!

Our new website and our new logo, 3D and printable as well !
Besides the renewal of the site, we also have launched two new products, Industrial Blend and Castable Blend!
Read all about it on www.FunToDo.net

GAZ082
Hi Danny. The website looks unprofessional, like made in Word. You may have a nice product but work on marketing to generate trust to potential customers.

Get some website templates or just open an account on Tumblr and work with its templates. Not too hard and with better results than the current website.

Take care and good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2014 07:45AM by DLP_Builder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login