Makeraser/Makelastic - Accessories for 3D Printers
September 25, 2013 04:32PM
Hi Everyone, thought I'd what we're working on and get some commentary.

Makelastic is a multitool for 3D printers - it consists of a felt marker that you can use to smooth prints, stickify printbeds or glue prints. The scraper is super strong yet thin steel that is used to remove prints easily. We have two holes on the side to measure filament to make the perfect ABS juice.

Makelastic is a non-toxic chemistry that can be used to rubberize PLA. You take a precusor and a catalyst and mix in old PLA prints to make Makelastic yourself.

We pitched the products at Makerfaire and the Hardware Innovation Workshop last week. We got some slides, a GIF demostrating Makelastic and our website for the Makeraser

What do you think? Comments?
Re: Makeraser/Makelastic - Accessories for 3D Printers
December 15, 2013 08:51PM
Curious what happened to the Makelastic. Is it available yet?
Makeraser/Makelastic - Accessories for 3D Printers
January 15, 2014 05:03PM
-- moved topic --
Re: Makeraser/Makelastic - Accessories for 3D Printers
January 17, 2014 01:03PM
I was interested in the eraser part, but I thought that there might be something at the art store that would do the trick. I bought an empty felt tipped marker (15mm) by Montana. I opened it up and it it's not the device shown in the video and exploded view then I'd be shocked.

It looks like they replaced the sponge o-ring with three o-rings that won't melt in acetone and they added some tape to get a good seal, but all the other parts appear to be the same?

My marker cost ~$5 and I haven't tested this yet, but this seems fishy to me. Of course I could be wrong, but I'd love to hear your thoughts. I've attached pictures of the Makeraser (white background) and the Montana marker (blue background).
Attachments:
open | download - MontanaMarker.jpg (29.2 KB)
open | download - Makeraser.jpg (82.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login