Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Photoinitiator and Photopolymerization

Posted by Batuta 
Photoinitiator and Photopolymerization
July 17, 2014 12:51PM
Hi,
I've been making some research about cheaper UV Resine, since I live in Brazil and it's too expensive to import, and found an article about mixture of resines and photoinitiators.
It's in portugues but in page 10 and 11 there is a table with the chemical name and comercial name of photoinitiators. The article is about the importance of photoinitiators in uv curing paint, but since paint is made with polymers i'm going to try to mix with polyester and epoxi resin.
Photoinitiators

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2014 12:52PM by Batuta.
A2
Re: Photoinitiator and Photopolymerization
July 17, 2014 07:36PM
Batuta,

Looking forward to your test results.
July 18, 2014 03:48PM
the resin is coming this week i think. I bought it with a "uv absorber" and a catalyst. Trying to find more photoinitiators suppliers.
Already found that "A velocidade de cura pode aumentar em 20% nos substratos brancos comparados aos pretos. Os substratos transparentes e refletivos podem favorecer a velocidade de cura em proximadamente 40%."
That is "curing speed can increase 20% in white resin compared to dark ones. Cristal clear resins may increase speed curing in 40%"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2014 03:54PM by Batuta.
July 30, 2014 04:05PM
Had some good results with polyester resin+DMA+10W Led. But just got an email of a resseler of [igmresins.com]. They'll make me a formulation for my project smiling smiley. Will make more tests later, waiting products to arrive.
Ps.:much better than US$200,00 kg, try to find some chemical labs ins your area!
A2
July 31, 2014 06:05AM
Good to hear that a LED is working.
What is DMA?

Post a picture or video of your results, even if it's a blob.
Tks.
August 02, 2014 02:45PM
Hi Batuta,

I have sent quite a lot to Brazil, the shipping is not expensive and at moderate quantities, there are no import duties.

Danny
fun to do resins
April 17, 2015 06:38AM
Batuta
the resin is coming this week i think. I bought it with a "uv absorber" and a catalyst. Trying to find more photoinitiators suppliers.
Already found that "A velocidade de cura pode aumentar em 20% nos substratos brancos comparados aos pretos. Os substratos transparentes e refletivos podem favorecer a velocidade de cura em proximadamente 40%."
That is "curing speed can increase 20% in white resin compared to dark ones. Cristal clear resins may increase speed curing in 40%"

Hi Batuta,

I'm from Vietnam and now i'm interested in formulation an uv curing resin for my purpose. Could you please let me know the reference fees for your formulation from igmresin.

Thanks
Thanh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login