Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

igus iglide I170-PF sample received

Posted by rrr7 
igus iglide I170-PF sample received
August 12, 2014 08:40PM
I requested information about igus' new FDM material and I just received an evaluation sample from igus of their new iglide I170-PF dry-tech tribo-filament (yellow).
The iglide I170-PF uses an extrusion temp of 200C and a heated bed temp of 95C on kapton or perforated plate.
igus recommends paying attention to their min 50mm radii at the material feed.
I180-PF (white) extrudes at 220C.
igus

I will post the related files on my blog:
my blog
Re: igus iglide I170-PF sample received
August 21, 2014 02:30PM
Good luck, I couldn't do anything with it through a bowden.
August 22, 2014 02:30PM
It came in the middle of my hot end replacement with my printer all apart and it is the wrong diameter too 1.75 in lieu of 3.00mm. sad smiley
August 27, 2014 08:28PM
When I requested information on the new Igus filament, I did not expect to receive a sample, just information. In doing so I failed to mention that I had a 3mm filament printer. The folks at Igus have graciously offered to send me 3mm I180-PF to evaluate in stead when it is available. Thanks Tom!
My new aluhotend is assembled and working with an improvised cooling duct... next is printing a duct, tweaking up better settings, recalibrating the PID then waiting on replacement filament to evaluate .
August 31, 2014 09:46AM
That was quick! a couple of days and a package from Germany arrived with I180-PF in 3mm. Now for the hard part: deciding what parts would be the best use of the filament. Since Igus produces plastic bushings that I could just buy, what would I print that I can't just readily buy? Suggestions?
November 19, 2014 12:53PM
Anybody know what it's made of? I'm assuming it's either a low COF grade of an existing resin or a resin with a high amount of wax/blooming agents to improve slip on the surface of the extruded plastic.
Re: Liquid Photo polymer for Rubber Stamps
September 03, 2015 08:00AM
Hi! every one!!

I want to make liquid photo polymer Resins with different hardening like 40 to 55 grade like in Clear , orange, green etc. colour. I want to know the detailed process to manufacture it. with the machinery , raw materials & detailed manufacturing process. I will be welcome the professional consultant also.

Hope some one can do for me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login