Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Castable UV Resin

Posted by lord.humongous82 
Castable UV Resin
July 20, 2015 12:28PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum so far I have found a lot of interesting topics.

But now I need a little bit of help, I have been playing with a CLIP printer and I want to make a castable UV curable resin, I have seen some comercial brands of resins but they are expensive and this is just a hobbie and maybe I can save some money if I make my own.

Does anyone have some knowledge of how to make a castable UV resin?

Lots of thanks and kudos if somebody can give me some tips.
VDX
Re: Castable UV Resin
July 20, 2015 01:38PM
... you can fill the UV-resin with different microspheres to receive different behaviour - filling with transparent mineral or glass spheres allows higher applicable temperatures, filling with wax-microspheres (or printing with low density infill) allows lost cast moulding by embedding the part into moulding sand and burning it away while pouring molten metal into the mould ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 21, 2015 01:06PM
Any ideas of a low density infill?
VDX
July 21, 2015 01:57PM
... we've done this with open rhombic or hexagonal 3D-structures with maybe 0.1mm beam- or wall-thickness and 3mm cell width and a small hole in the bottom of the object shell to let the trapped resin rinse out ... then closed the exit hole with some resin and an UV-lamp manually ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login