Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blank copperless PCB?

Posted by sarf2k4 
Blank copperless PCB?
February 28, 2018 04:23AM
Hi,

I've been finding a sheet of anything that can diffuse the led lights effectively. I've found out that using a pcb on an area without copper trace/fill there works best.

Is there anyway that I am able to source a blank copperless pcb sheet and I prefer them to be white colour.

Or if you guys have any suggestion on alternatives to the effectiveness of the pcb It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your feedback
VDX
Re: Blank copperless PCB?
February 28, 2018 05:24AM
... the "copperless" PCB material is fiberglass fabric in polymer -- so why not using some glass fabric solely?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 28, 2018 05:38AM
The thing with diffusing the led is that I wanted to have a solid sheet or plate to cover the led. I also believe that the PCB material are quite dense, solid and finer thus able to diffuse the led
VDX
February 28, 2018 05:54AM
... fiberglass fabric together with 2K-polymer is commonly used for building RC-models, so easy available.

It's pretty simple to make some stiff sheets with any thickness or diffusion parameters by laminating glassfiber fabric with the polymer - should work even better as the PCB-basis, as it's normall pure white, not tinted ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

February 28, 2018 07:05AM
I'm sorry, I don't know how to create them. Sourcing the right material with the right tools also hard for me
VDX
February 28, 2018 09:24AM
... it's as simple as "painting" a thin plastic sheet with the mixed 2K-polymer, put a sheet of the fabric on the wet polymer and "paint" it again for better stability ... eventually repeat this several times to geht a thicker and more diffuse sheet ...

When the laminate is cured, it's a pretty stable sheet, what can be sawn in any shape winking smiley

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login