Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any inexpensive robot arm kits using stepper motors?

Posted by dc42 
Any inexpensive robot arm kits using stepper motors?
December 02, 2019 06:39AM
I plan to add robot arm kinematics to RepRapFirmware as a standard feature, so I need a 5- or 6-DOF kit to work with. Can anyone recommend one? It must use stepper motors, and obviously I don't need a controller.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
VDX
Re: Any inexpensive robot arm kits using stepper motors?
December 02, 2019 07:39AM
... check at github - in the projects should be links to robots too: [github.com]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 06, 2019 03:46AM
Doubt this is what you need, but if you aint seen it already, nice robot arm but not steppers [www.youtube.com] He was working on his own but also with brushless.
June 30, 2020 11:08PM
look at the sixi 2 robot from maginallyclever.com . Nice open source project
July 02, 2020 11:23PM
MechaBits
Doubt this is what you need, but if you aint seen it already, nice robot arm but not steppers [www.youtube.com] He was working on his own but also with brushless.
Skyentific does have a good stepper arm design:
[www.youtube.com]
[github.com]
It uses all belts, so not much load capacity but excellent precision. Not a lot of reach either, but with the bed on a rotary table you could probably do some good printing with it.
July 03, 2020 03:37PM
Thanks for the suggestions!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 18, 2020 05:12AM
dekutree64
MechaBits
Skyentific does have a good stepper arm design:
[www.youtube.com]
[github.com]
It uses all belts, so not much load capacity but excellent precision. Not a lot of reach either, but with the bed on a rotary table you could probably do some good printing with it.

He makes it look simple, but I've been following him for quite some time and it seems he has an endless supply of money to buy stuff because for example in his cheaper robot arm models he uses large diameter bearings that cost over 100/piece. And then he uses like four of those bearings per joint. I wouldn't call it inexpensive, however I would definitely call it inspiring. Also seeing one of his last videos, it turns out that this revolutionary design or the arm has a lot of play.. I wasn't expecting that. I believe it was play inside the motor system so that might be compensated with by making use of smart firmware settings and more tuning.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login