Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wangsamas firmware for single & paralel SCARA

Posted by Wangsamax 
Wangsamas firmware for single & paralel SCARA
March 13, 2017 10:10PM
Hi all,

I want to announce that Wangsamas Firmware is not can be downloaded at [github.com]
It was developed from Repetier Firmware with additional single and paralel SCARA kinematics, different UI menu and additional Indonesian language.

You can contribute directly at github or go to wangsamas.com for questions and tutorials

Single SCARA plotter test video
[youtu.be]
Re: Wangsamas firmware for single & paralel SCARA
April 04, 2017 09:15PM
updated
April 06, 2017 05:17PM
What SCARA robot mechanics are being used?
Please URL?

confused smiley
April 07, 2017 02:43PM
Hi cozmicray

website URL is www.wangsamas.com
download URL is github.com/wangsamas/wangsamas-firmware
installation tutorial URL is [www.youtube.com]
testing URL is [youtu.be]
Forum URL is www.wangsamas.com/forum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2017 02:44PM by Wangsamax.
April 07, 2017 08:44PM
Question NOT answered

Where is mechanical design / assembly of the hardware used for this SCARA arm?

confused smiley
April 13, 2017 10:45AM
Hi cozmicray,
I haven't finish my hardware design. my previous design has lot of flaws.

but you can use this design from vitaminrad for single scara
[forums.reprap.org]

or idegraaf's design for paralel scara
[forums.reprap.org]

the firmware works for both
April 15, 2017 01:41PM
Hi Wangsamas

Well done and looks good.

We will try and find time to try it out on our Scara Arm and Parallel Scara Arm and let you know.

Cheers

Sean

[www.cncdudez.co.uk]
February 22, 2018 01:01PM
Hello, I recently downloaded Wangsama's SCARA firmware and I am in the process of configuring it to my machine. I have quite a few problems with the end stops and LCD controls, I plugged in endstops to all the ports except the z-max but when I order the machine to home all in a zyx order, first the printer moves 1mm in the z no matter what, then none of the endstops stop the elbow (y-motor) despite lighting up, and when I try to home the motors individually, only the z-axis moves 1mm. The x and y will not home but I can move each motor only in one direction manually from the menu. I am pretty much running with the stock endstop config.h

(I would use the Wangsama forums to ask these questions but I could not sign up or enter without a connection error) Any help is much appreciated! I really think SCARA's are a bright future for 3D printing if only programming did not have such a steep barrier of entry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2018 01:03PM by Power3DPrinting.
March 11, 2019 08:48PM
Hello!
First of all I want to thank you for sharing the firmware you developed.
I'm building a robot scara for a learning project. The mechanical part is not yet completed. However, I have done some testing using 2 engines, in order to test the communications between hardware.
Among others, I also used the firmware that you developed and there is something that intrigues me.
When simulating a configuration for single scara, for ramps 1.4 etc ... I try to manually control the motors, in this case X and Y, I only have movement of the two motors in one direction and only when I select the motor Y. I only get movement in one direction. When I select the X engine, it never react. Neither one nor the other.
Is there any poorly configured configuration that can cause this?
I made simulations using the Repetier host, Pronterface and even RepRap Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller. I get the same result at all. The motors move only in one direction and only by selecting Y.
I send here a link of a video where you can observe a test with pronterface and RepRap Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller.
With the repeat host I get the same result.

[www.youtube.com]

Thank you for your attention.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login