Help Configuration Scara Makerarm
April 04, 2018 08:01PM
Hi!

I need help to configure MK4duo 4.3.5 with Arduino 1.8.5 for Scara MakerArm

Error:

in file included from sketch\src/core/mechanics/mechanics.h:382:0,

from sketch\MK4duo.h:120,

from C:\Users|AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modfied_sketch_250592\MKduo.ino:301:

sketch\src/core/mechanics/scara/scara _mechanics.h:97:12: error: 'void Scara_Mechanic: :do_blocking_move_to(const floats, const floats, const floats, const floats,)' marked override, but does not override

void do_blocking_move_to(const floats &lx, const floats &ly, const floats &lz, const floats &fr_mm_s/+*=0.0*/) override;

^

exit status 1
Error board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

Thanks to all
Re: Help Configuration Scara Makerarm
April 07, 2018 05:43PM
First I heard of the Mk4duo firmware, downloading it now to give it a spin, you've got a single arms SCARA right?
April 07, 2018 05:47PM
Stock configuration uploaded fine, what did you change so I can see if I can bump into the same wall?
April 07, 2018 06:00PM
Hmm well, I enabled the makerarm config, the firmware just won't upload to the arduino which is identical to marlin when you enable the makerarm config there, might be the same problem, sabatoged by this tinky guy who is working for maker arm, essentially, the kinematics are non-existent and the firmware has gone backwards
April 08, 2018 04:56PM
[github.com]

This is some Wangsama repetier style firmware, open source and I tried using it myself. I can upload and adjust some settings thanks to the tutorial videos made for it, probably the best documented SCARA firmware out there. I've had my own problems with it but how about giving this a try instead of Mk4Duo and we can work together to get our machines printing. grinning smiley
April 10, 2018 11:03AM
Good grief, I feel bad about saying bad things about the guy in charge of marlin's official version... I really don't know his full story
April 10, 2018 12:42PM
thank you for answer me!

i just tried wangsamas firmware... it seems work, but firmware size is too heavy (when you upload firmware on board, it occupy 89% of memory) and board can't manage files

Then give problems with eprom
April 16, 2018 11:27AM
My pleasure to help, there is a setting in the config.h to turn off the eprom and I just like to run a M502 at the start of every print just to make sure it is reset. You can adjust the scara settings on the same file under the movement settings, my experience is that most of the slow downs come from auto-bed leveling but the actual movements are passable when it is printing, there is a marlin version made by invent2main: [github.com]

You need to go into the marlin_main.cpp and comment his armoni kinematics and uncomment classical SCARA kinematics like this:
forward kinematics:
y_sin = sin(f_scara[Y_AXIS]/SCARA_RAD2DEG) * Linkage_2; // classical SCARA style
y_cos = cos(f_scara[Y_AXIS]/SCARA_RAD2DEG) * Linkage_2; // classical SCARA style
//y_sin = sin((f_scara[Y_AXIS]+(f_scara[X_AXIS]*3/4))/SCARA_RAD2DEG) * Linkage_2; //MODIF FOR ARMONI
//y_cos = cos((f_scara[Y_AXIS]+(f_scara[X_AXIS]*3/4))/SCARA_RAD2DEG) * Linkage_2; //MODIF FOR ARMONI

inverse kinematics:
//delta[Y_AXIS] = (SCARA_theta + SCARA_psi) * SCARA_RAD2DEG; // Morgan style
delta[Y_AXIS] = SCARA_psi * SCARA_RAD2DEG; // classical SCARA style
//delta[Y_AXIS] = (SCARA_psi + (SCARA_theta/4)) * SCARA_RAD2DEG; //MODIF FOR ARMONI (s2a)

kinematics are still kind of off for me but if you have any luck let me know how you solved it
August 13, 2018 09:46AM
Hi power3d!
Sorry if i reply now, but i don't use wangsama and i try to work with marlin8 (vitaminrad's)
I made a scara with arms L1(200mm) and L2 (200mm)
But if i set this lenght L2 doesn't work
Do you know if there are a lenght limit for linkage?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login