Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Polar 3D Printer

Posted by nirus1208 
Polar 3D Printer
May 28, 2019 04:08AM
I have designed and manufactured a 3d printer. It resembles R-360 3D printer. I use the firmware of the R360. But it always has errors. Can anyone help me a firmware to run this 3D printer? Thank you very much
Attachments:
open | download - polar printer.PNG (139.9 KB)
Re: Polar 3D Printer
May 28, 2019 04:12AM
The standard builds of RepRapFirmware support polar printers. Do you have any particular electronics in mind?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 28, 2019 04:37AM
This is the first time I design and build a polar printer. I used MKS Gen L v1.0 boards, LCD graphic 12864, A4988 driver, nema 17 stepper motor.
Attachments:
open | download - mks base.PNG (198.9 KB)
May 28, 2019 05:19PM
nirus1208
This is the first time I design and build a polar printer. I used MKS Gen L v1.0 boards, LCD graphic 12864, A4988 driver, nema 17 stepper motor.

You'll have to look for an 8-bit firmware then, so I suggest you try the Marlin and Repetier subsections of this forum. Your print speed may turn out to be limited by the inability of an 8-bit processor to do the polar calculations quickly enough. A 32-bit-bit board would have been a better choice for a polar printer.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 29, 2019 05:21AM
All softwares only support Cartesian coordinates, how can convert gcode to Polar coordinates?
VDX
May 29, 2019 06:27AM
... the firnware converts cartesian XYZ-coordinates into polar or delta motion winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 30, 2019 12:52AM
I don't know it. Can you help me?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login