Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Electronics for SCARA

Posted by monkmartinez 
Electronics for SCARA
September 25, 2019 08:33PM
Hello all,

I have all the parts printed and ordered for this scara: [www.thingiverse.com] I am going to start building this after I order electronics...and when I return from a two week hitch on an oil rig.

I have printed a ton of stuff but used an off the shelf printer (Craftbot plus). I have very little experience with Marlin or firmware in general. I see that Duet and the newest Marlin support SCARA arms.

I don't mind buying the Duet if its going to be leagues easier to use... However, I have plans to play with this robot for a few months and then move on. I really want a to build a BIG OLE 6DOF ARM bot next year sometime.

I am looking at MKS Gen L V1.0 boards with TMC drivers as a comparison...

With all that in mind...What would you all recommend?
Re: Electronics for SCARA
December 02, 2019 06:37AM
I'm sorry for the late reply. I saw your post just now after visiting this section to ask about robot arm kits, because I want to add robot arm kinematics to RepRapFirmware as a standard feature.

You are right, Duet/RepRapFirmware supports serial SCARA kinematics. The parameters for your SCARA arm are set using the M669 command in config.g. The configuration instructions are at [duet3d.dozuki.com].

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login