Polar 3D printer design
July 07, 2020 02:08PM
Hi All
i need a help as i build a Polar 3D printer which in the concept seems like R-360 that works on Marline R-360, however my design is a bit different as you see in the attached picture however i have face difficulties configuring the Marlin R-360 although i have experience of Marlin configuration.
I need help and some guidance on what is required to get it configured just make it work as principle and will look for the other possible issues.

I think Marlin R-360 has an issue in case of 360 degree rotation command, and the other point I have used Arduino Ramps 1.3 and ATEMGA 2560 board however the commands never completed and the machine somewhere was stopping on 4th line, i think Arduino is not able to process the commands even they are same of normal Marlin firmware if i am not mistaken, i do not have programming experience.

Z axis planned to be gas or oil cylinder however i did not finalize that as once they are complete will be fixed at the outer circle of the aluminium frame.
I appreciate the reply on my message.

Marlin R-360 link on github:[github.com]

Regards;

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2020 02:59PM by Shadi.
Attachments:
open | download - PIC1.gif (67.1 KB)
open | download - PIC2.gif (92.8 KB)
open | download - PIC3.gif (106.1 KB)
Re: Polar 3D printer design- Update
July 29, 2020 11:04AM
Hi Everyone

I have some good news that i managed to run the machine using Marlin R-360 firmware attached is the video, however i have a problem that the output is too much close the printed object however the problem that the machine does draw the straight line as arc and some corners are fillet, i did not activate the #define R_360 in the firmware because whenever i enable on X axis (R) is moving front and back only and the Y motor (theta) is not moving at all.

I have attached the actual object that i drew and the draw.

I need help to fix this issue, I uploaded the configured Marlin firmware files as well.

I appreciate the response on this problem.

Regards;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2020 11:05AM by Shadi.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (27.3 KB)
open | download - Actual object.jpg (201.3 KB)
open | download - draw.jpg (28 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login