Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FiveAxisRobotic Kinematics for ReprapFirmware 3

Posted by JoergS5 
FiveAxisRobotic Kinematics for ReprapFirmware 3
August 09, 2020 06:32AM
I am currently developing the kinematics for a 5 axis robot for ReprapFirmware 3 (Duet 2, Duet 3, maybe Duet Maestro, possibly for LPC1768/1769 port). The reason why I am unsure whether Maestro and LPC are working, is that the kinematics uses trigonometric functions a lot, so a MCU with floiting point is advantageous for enough performance.

Documenation of the parameters, axis and arm explanation, example prototype and config are in [duet3d.dozuki.com]

Yesterday I could finish kinematics and inverse kinematics for P4 mode (and test it), so I can implement firmware now in my github fork and build a prototype next.

If you are interested in building a prototype or robot 3D printer also, you can start now ;-)

In this case it would be useful to tell me the construction (where are the axes, arm lengths, which direction the arms are), so I can test the code with your setup to make sure the kinematics are correct for your setup.
Your prototype should follow the described restrictions, however: arm 4 vertical, the directions of the axes like described.

My prototype is like the two images at the beginning of the documentation. I will try to build hinges with gears with low backlash and stable arms, as I expect those two points as important for precision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2020 08:24AM by JoergS5.
Re: FiveAxisRobotic Kinematics for ReprapFirmware 3
August 12, 2020 12:21AM
have you take n look at the makelangelo firmware by marginallyclever robots. It has a six axis robit built in and the firmware is very easy to change .

github link
August 12, 2020 02:30AM
ekaggrat
have you take n look at the makelangelo firmware by marginallyclever robots. It has a six axis robit built in and the firmware is very easy to change .

github link

I think that's because Dan (Royer) is developing a 6-axis robot arm called 'Sixi'.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
August 12, 2020 02:37AM
Thank you for the link, I'll check the kinematics.

However I'll stay with my current approach to develop it myself. The basis kinematics and inverse kinematics is ready and checked in already.

I started building the prototype now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2020 02:55AM by JoergS5.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login