Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual-Polar Printer

Posted by heinz 
Dual-Polar Printer
July 24, 2021 04:37AM
I recently built a Dual Polar Printer and since most info came from here I should post the results.

It fit my purpose of a fun and compact printer that can also be used as a toolchanger,
since the bed can be rotated 360deg around the Z axis and move to a difference tool. [www.youtube.com]
The almost static printhead (only slow movement in Z) allows for some heavy toolheads.
I mounted a 5er diamond hotend with directdrives (2kg) on it, no problem.

It is not my design originally, more of remix of different designs I found here
on the forums and on youtube. See Brenon K's Bi-Polar printer [www.youtube.com]
Beaglyfurys RepOlaRap and unlimitedbacons Theta printer were especially helpful. Check [reprap.org] and [hackaday.io]
Conversion forumlars are arrived form unlimitedbacons Marlin version,
I had to add additional compensation for distortion introduced by the middle gear to route the Z-axis through.
With a small gear in the middle I didn't notice the distortion at the beginning.

It prints on a cold bed made from perfboard. With a hot enough first layer PLA works fine.
Some pointed out its more an inverted SCARA than polar printer, not sure about correct definition.

It has some nice timelapse capabilities as well smiling smiley [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2021 06:00AM by heinz.
Attachments:
open | download - 291436cc-fd2c-40fd-b125-24d946450b5b.jpg (151.9 KB)
VDX
Re: Dual-Polar Printer
July 24, 2021 05:19AM
smileys with beer

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login