Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Singapore Reprap MEETUP Group

Posted by Soon Wei 
Singapore Reprap MEETUP Group
December 02, 2011 03:53AM
Dear All Reprap, 3D Printer enthusiastic,

This is a new topic to update any meet up for those who are interested to have a meetup of 3D printer in Singapore.
Let me fill in for those who just join/see this group. I have call up a meet up in Jun 11. I was hoping to have a following one few months ago but was cancelled as not many of us were able to make it. Following it, I was busy with projects......

Here is a few thing i am calling out for help. Is there any volunteer who can help to organize the meet up? really need a helping hand here. grinning smiley
I have face with the problem with each other busy schedule to find a good time to meet. (I strongly believe that we/Singaporean should slow down in life and spend some time for ourselves) That's all for my complaint. Please don't take it too serious. tongue sticking out smiley

Finally, Calling to all. I will propose a meetup on the 15 Dec 11. (Place to be notify later) for those interested please put you names below.

I am proposing same place for the first meetup, Funan IT mall. We can meet at Mac or the food court depending on the situation. (If anyone has a better recommendation, please do so. Tks) my contact, 84.98.18.7.6

- Lim Soon Wei (Organizer)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 08:20AM by Soon Wei.
Re: Singapore Reprap MEETUP Group
December 09, 2011 04:41AM
Meeting up on weekdays would be almost impossble for me.
December 18, 2011 05:28AM
hi

thanks to soon wei for the invitation, though i could attend the meetup in the end. i am wondering if we could have a post on some of the key points gathered from the meetup, or sorts?

in other news, i do see alot of Kickstarter (some western seed investment website to help innovators) projects full of people modifying the basic rep rap setup and finalizing it as a commercial product. in fact there is also a home grown one coming soon in sg. it is quite interesting to ponder on the relevance that come forth.
December 20, 2011 02:39AM
Hi Soon Wei,

Thanks for organsing this.

I have a Makerbot TOM, and not a Reprap yet. I just assembled it and am having a whale of time with it. I hope to meet other guys who are having as much fun with their 3d printers as I am.

Also the ease of set up and operation makes me keen to put together other toys. Maybe a laser cutter, CNC or 3d scanner? It would be nice if we could come up with a local chapter of 100 Garages etc.

Cheers,
Kevin
December 20, 2011 11:50PM
Thanks to all 5 friends who came along last week. It was nice to know you guys with some trying to build the machine and others who brought a kit and working on it. (Do drop me a mail if you need help and can't figure the parts needed or how to work) Hope I can help you guys if possible.

I have being busy with my work and business and was until now to be able to post something here. smiling smiley

Hi Kevin,
Nice to know that you have a Makerbot. Can I visit you one day to take a look?

Cheers to all,
SW
December 21, 2011 02:22AM
Hi guys,

For me it is also very difficult to meet up on week days, but I thought I'd drop a line anyway to share my experiences so far. I've bought the reprap mendel prusa printed parts, and sourced vitamins and electronics and assembled it about 2-3 months ago. I made the hotend myself. Running sprinter firmware on the arduino mega 2560 board.
Had a lot of fun tweaking it to improve usability and printing quality. Heavily modded the firmware, added a homebrew heated build platform (made from a 9.99$ ikea mirror smiling smiley, next steps are adding one of these:
[www.dealextreme.com] for temperature monitoring and adjustment
and I am also in the process of implementing a vertical X-Axis.

So a lot of fun so far! Have been mainly printing christmas decorations lately smiling smiley (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:12034)
If I can make it, I will join in for future meetings.
I don't feel like printing a complete printer at this point (am a bit low on filament too) but if I can help out printing some parts, I wouldn't mind.

Take care,
Wauter
December 21, 2011 05:21AM
hi guys, just to update a bit of information for the Singapore reprap scene.

as of today, we have repraps selling in SG.!!

[romscraj.com]
[romscraj.com]

there is a christmas promotion so you guys can get it at a 10% discount.
free shipping in SG!

if you guys need filament, in stock now is grey PLA filament. we will be bringing in other colours in the next few weeks.

KP
December 21, 2011 09:15AM
Yayyyy
HJ
December 21, 2011 10:31AM
Hi SW,

Thanks for organizing the meetup. It's great to know you and thanks for your advice. I am still tinkering with my Prusa, so far have made it to the installation of the hotbed, but haven't touched the electronics.

regards,
HJ
December 31, 2011 02:10PM
Happy New Year guys, I missed the gathering.
I just got my Makerbot last month. still on test print period.
would like to join the meeting next time.
February 09, 2012 10:11PM
Hi Guys,

just started reprapping too would like to join if there is any meet up smiling smiley

Regards
February 28, 2012 08:09AM
I am new to rapid prototyping and I hope to learn more. Hope there will be a meetup soon.
March 01, 2012 10:04AM
hi guys, one of our customers suggested having a meetup at our office on Monday evenings. what say you? feel free to bring along your reprap and we could do a reprap parade :>
KP
March 01, 2012 07:59PM
KP, Yes, I'd love to attend.

I've fixed up the hardware to my Durbie variant. Maybe on Monday night I can try a test print, and you can help me if I get into any trouble !

Kevin
Hi everyone,

I am also very new to such stuff. Would love to attend and know everyone.

Please let me know about the next meet up! Thanks!
March 05, 2012 10:47AM
hi guys,

it was awesome to have you guys around to poke around your repraps! let's make this some kind of twice a month thing or something!

KP
March 06, 2012 08:42AM
Thanks to the guys at Romsraj, we really enjoyed ourselves !!!
Hi guys,

I am really interested in 3D printing, especially with REPRAP and Makerbots. Would really like to learn more.

Could you please let me know when the next meet up is?

Thanks,
Gurpal
March 16, 2012 02:29AM
hi,, we can have another meeting this coming monday evening (6:30 onwards) at our office. for those who have not visited previously, pls feel free to bring your reprap along for a reprap parade.

in case those who are unaware of where our address is, it is 18 Sin ming lane, #08-19, Midview City. singapore 573960. we have gotten our coffee machine to work again. so free coffee for all.
March 19, 2012 02:25AM
hi guys, pls be reminded the session is on. 630 onwards at romscraj office

KP
May 14, 2012 02:51AM
hi guys,

since the lot of PLA has come in, if you guys are free today, we can have a session at our office. please feel free to just drop by and chat up. 6:30pm onwards. same
May 28, 2012 01:42AM
hi guys,

if you guys are free today, we are having a session at our office. please feel free to just drop by and chat up. 6:30pm onwards. same. also for folks who come down today, our released portabee version is ready for you guys to play around with. we have printed a few sets, different colors, not assembled yet.

KP
June 20, 2012 02:56PM
hi guys! newbie here. when's the next meetup so i can smell some melting plastic? smiling smiley
June 22, 2012 08:12AM
how about the coming monday?
HJ
June 23, 2012 04:09AM
this coming Monday sounds good for me smiling smiley
June 25, 2012 03:47AM
then please come to our office after 6:00pm today.

KP
August 06, 2012 11:19PM
Hello all

Newbie here..
keen to meet for sharing on this printing..
August 09, 2012 10:22PM
hi fries,

welcome to the singapore reprappers forum. where are you located usually?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login