Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SingaporeMini Maker Faire

Posted by Soon Wei 
SingaporeMini Maker Faire
May 30, 2013 03:56AM
Hi Guys,

I have recently register for the Mini Maker Faire SG. Interestingly the organizer is asking for a meet up kind of forum there for 1 or ½ a day. I am in the discussion of how the thing is going to be, at the same time to share with all at the forum of this meet up.

Some part of the email; ===================================================
“We would like to see representation from the user/modder community, ie you guys, so let me know how many people would like to take part, and we'll try to work out something. Ideally it would be a variety of printer types and other printer hacks - we'd rather not to see too many identical out-of-the-box Makerbots. smiling smiley

The limitation is at the booths, we have to keep to 4 people to comply with fire safety. However we are trying to get a dedicated room for the 3D printer forum, which means potentially we can accommodate more - basically people can just bring their printer down for half day/one day at the forum, instead of having to set up at a booth for two whole days. “
==========================Link: [makerfairesingapore.com]

Currently I have a few guys here that has promise to go along with me to show case their machine.
- Rostock (Delta Printer, DIY, still wip [work in progress])
- Mod UP printer (his UP was old so he brought a new one and modified his old machine) also wip
- Mendel Max (Aluminum version)
- ultimaker printer
- mine is a cube design mendel printer
Anyone else interested can contact me and we can see how to make the meet up fun at the place. smiling smiley

Regards,
Lim SW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2013 05:22AM by Soon Wei.
Re: SingaporeMini Maker Faire
May 30, 2013 05:10AM
link to makerfair is dead mate
What are the dates/ times and the venue ??

Cheers
May 30, 2013 05:23AM
Venue: SCAPE Warehouse, 2 Orchard Link
Dates: 27 July 2013 (Saturday, 12pm – 9pm) & 28 July 2013 (Sunday, 10am – 6pm).

[makerfairesingapore.com]
June 05, 2013 05:56AM
I've just started ordering parts to make my very own "slightly modified" kossel, I don't think it will be ready by then but I'll certainly drop by for a chat!
June 05, 2013 09:56PM
Might still be stuck in Europe then but if im in town ill definitely drop by for a chat.

Cheers
June 12, 2013 01:30PM
i had my portabee for around 6 months and planning to expand its usability. i have had it printed alot of scaled model stuffs like cars and furnitures for model making. but currently just plan to visit the maker faire
June 13, 2013 08:08AM
Hope to see you guys there.

Cheers,
SW
July 25, 2013 09:53PM
Hi Guys,
Just to bring this thread back as the Maker Faire is on tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday.
Some update for my work, I have just modified my printer to a tri color head. (Not a good move, as I have to dismantle the machine to modify the machine and now the mechanical alignment are out. eye rolling smiley)

But the good part is that the print head is up. If I am able to get it work tonight, we will be able to play at the Faire with some test print. (Clement, this will highly depedent on you...... smiling smiley)

I will bring along a new frame that I have just sourced to discuss with those interested. Ian will have his Rostock for demo and maybe Cong Yan Medel Max. (I will have to pass on Francis offer to bring his Mod UP printer and Wei Hong Ultimaker, too many to handel. tongue sticking out smiley)

I have seen that the 3D Printer Forum at the Faire is fully registered (Sunday). I was thinking if anyone who is not able to register, we can continue a meet up after the forum at 3pm.

I was hoping that I can get as many SG-RUG/Forum member to be present on the day and maybe say, have a group photo there. If not, to meet with those we have once in a while cross and chat on the Reprap forum.

Hope to see you guys this weekend,

Cheers,
SW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 02:49AM by Soon Wei.
July 26, 2013 12:02AM
Hi

Can you confirm the times and location please

CHeers
July 26, 2013 04:47AM
Attach is the map, we are at booth 15. Ian and me should be there most of the time. The Maker 3D forum end at about 245pm (Sunday). I suggest to meet at 3pm after it.

Cheers,
SW
Attachments:
open | download - map.pdf (141.8 KB)
July 26, 2013 08:06AM
Hi SW,

See you there.... I may come in the afternoon but cannot stay long... have not finished the board yet.

Ira Angeles
July 28, 2013 09:32AM
Hi to all,

After 2 day of running at the Faire, finally I can sit down to write now.
Here is the link to some photo taken at the Faire, I was hoping to have taken photo with some of you guys there but was just too buys to do that. What I can only do here is post some photos for all to have a look.
[www.dropbox.com]

Ian, Clement,
Do post some photo if you have any. smiling smiley

I want to thank Clement (Reversehaven) and Angeles who have find time to be assistant at the fair which I believe some of you have meet over this weekend.

Just wanted to add that it was really nice to finally meet many of you guys who went down yesterday.

Cheers,
SW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2013 05:51AM by Soon Wei.
July 29, 2013 02:07PM
Nice meeting up with you guys and seeing the interest you have generated in Singapore 3D printing and rep raps. Good work.

Good luck with your "cube" frame developments SW

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login