which 3d printer for beginner

Posted by eye2eye 
which 3d printer for beginner
June 23, 2013 10:46AM
Hi everybody,
like to check out with you all which printer should I get as a beginner? Thank
Re: which 3d printer for beginner
June 23, 2013 01:35PM
depends on budget..i can say all are for beginners n up..but for more learning experience is diy or purchase a unassembled kit,so u know inside out of ur own printer
June 23, 2013 09:37PM
I agree with TechnicZ
3D printing can be frustrating at times when you have to deal with not only temperature settings for different filament materials but calibration issues as well . You will be much better off if you have built you own machine from a kit because then you will have a fundamental understanding of which part(s) does what.
There are lots of step by step build instructions and videos available on the net and for the odd questions you may have you can ask them here.

Good luck
June 23, 2013 11:11PM
Agree with bigfilsing and TechnicZ . It is better to have a basic appreciation of the machine and better handle it later on.

Cheers,
SW
June 28, 2013 08:16AM
You can have a look at the recently released Printrbot Simple. Only 300 USD (unassembled). [printrbot.com]

They have a dedicated forum. If you ever run into problems, straight to the forum you go and you'll find your answer in no time! That's why I think it's a good start for beginners.
July 14, 2013 03:11AM
thank all for the advise, decided to get the printrbot plus Kit.
July 18, 2013 10:53AM
Good choice, personally I'm building my own kossel on the side and I'm wishing a little that they sold a full kit.
July 18, 2013 11:05AM
is it difficult to build a kossel?

I saw a portable 3d printer kickstarter call "Bukito" which look quite good and have a build cap of 5"x6"x5".
July 18, 2013 08:18PM
Hey guys, my partner have 2 Rostock build successful. We are in the progress of getting parts for it as a kit set. Interested to discuss more? PM me if you are. Thanks. smiling smiley

Cheers,
SW
August 12, 2013 10:51PM
HI SW,
how fine the print the rostock can print? and how much cost to build one?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login