Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Printrbot user

Posted by eye2eye 
Any Printrbot user
July 29, 2013 03:17PM
Hi, looking for Printrbot user. Need something on how to level and printing.
Re: Any Printrbot user
July 29, 2013 04:45PM
I am currently using a Printrbot. I watch this video before I got things going when I first got my printer.

[www.youtube.com] (skip to 20:40 for leveling)

Hope this helps! grinning smiley
July 29, 2013 08:54PM
I have try level on a manual control but once i load "mr.jaw" and start print the printer head doesn't not go the the z-height I level during manual.
July 29, 2013 09:41PM
What slicer software are you using ? Might want to check to make sure there's no Z off set in the slicer software settings.

I would also recommend using a test cube for first print and adjustments
something like 20 mm cube

Good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2013 09:43PM by bigfilsing.
July 30, 2013 01:26AM
Or you can adjust accordingly using the z-axis screw that determines where it'll stop.

That screw presses on a kill-switch, on which determines the end of the z-axis. The further away the screw, the lower the end of the z-axis.

So, if the z-axis is too high when you start printing, bring the screw further away from the kill-switch.
July 30, 2013 02:24AM
If you tell me
1/ ABS or PLA
2/ Nozzel diameter
3/ heated bed or not

Ill send you some sample g-code that i know works

That way you can find out if its your slicer software or your printer that isn,t working correctly
July 30, 2013 11:47AM
Hi,
i using PLA, nozzel diameter is 0.4mm and is a heated bed. I using repetier.
July 30, 2013 10:57PM
Hi
Attached is the gcode file for "20 mm hollow cube" that prints correctly on my Air2 so i know the z starting point is on the bed.
It may not print correctly on your machine as inevitably your E steps will be different to suit your extruder but the Z starting point is correct.

Good luck
Attachments:
open | download - 20mm-hollow-box.gcode (47.2 KB)
July 31, 2013 10:06AM
Is your Z axis end stop a switch type? Those switch may not be accurate..... when you say it does not go to the height you set, is it like 0.1-0.2mm or a lot like 5mm?

SW
July 31, 2013 01:44PM
well if people took the time to watch the video they would realize the print bot has micro switches as end stops

and if people read the OP's thread properly they would realize he had set up the end stops manually.

It all about reading... most people think they do but rarely actually do ...like most forums

Do let us know how you get on with my Gcode

Good luck
July 31, 2013 07:45PM
Eye2eye,
Are you having problem getting the first layer to stick properly or having problem in printing well?
August 01, 2013 01:46PM
hi, the first try on printing the 20mm box was a failure. the box was flat, and I notice both nuts use for the Z-axis come out of the mount. As for second try I adjust the nut back to the mount but once again the program be start it reverse the screw rod and the nut come loose but not at the first try. manage to print out a box like "box". Hope able to help, with photo attach. And once again thank for everyone advise.
Attachments:
open | download - 20130802_012151.jpg (577.2 KB)
open | download - 20130802_012212.jpg (559.2 KB)
August 01, 2013 10:22PM
well at least you have something printing now.

I don't have access to a printrbot so i'm afraid i cant really help with the Z nuts coming out but it doesn't sound good. Maybe post some pictures of the issue with the Z nuts and we can make suggestions.

First rule of 3D printing is having your printer working correctly mechanically and calibrated properly.

Good luck
August 01, 2013 11:00PM
I also don't have a printrbot. But if ur problem is when the hotend is coming down to print the first layer but only the z nut come down then u may a very serious z binding issue. Check ur z is it binding can it slide smoothly. Sometime when the x smooth rod is not tighten at the x end and when u tighten the x belt it will apply a lot of load on the z rod causing it to bind. The z nut is only stay in the z mount by the x weight. Btw I did apply a thin layer of ca glue at the z nut to the z mount.

Regards
Thomas.
August 02, 2013 12:40PM
so far these are my 3 try of printing the 20mm box. all work fine only the Z-nut. trying to fine a way to fix it.
Attachments:
open | download - PhotoEditorImage.jpg (265.9 KB)
August 02, 2013 03:05PM
send photo of the z nut problem then maybe we can suggest possible solutions

good luck
August 08, 2013 12:32PM
thank for all the advise, have attachment some photo on the recent print using 0.2 mm layer. Please comment on area can be improvement.
Attachments:
open | download - 20130808_232743.jpg (542.7 KB)
open | download - 20130808_232755.jpg (560.3 KB)
open | download - 20130808_234656.jpg (557.3 KB)
open | download - 20130808_234712.jpg (574.2 KB)
August 09, 2013 12:02AM
Looks pretty good to me. In fact the fine detail of the hands looks very good
The down side of using support material is the clean up and with the colour filament you have it will show where cuts are made.

In some cases ive used the flame from a cigarette lighter to blend in the rough bits. Simply pass the flame over the area. Of course be careful nut to melt it too much and burn it

Good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login