Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Meet up this week?

Posted by raptor1979 
Meet up this week?
August 18, 2013 10:57PM
Edit: Meeting has now been postponed due to lack of interest.

---------------

Hi all,

Anyone keen to meet up this week for a general chat on 3D printing, etc.?
Preferably weekday evening? Maybe Thursday 22nd August in town?
Thanks.

Rap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 10:05AM by raptor1979.
Re: Meet up this week?
August 19, 2013 03:37AM
I will join, do you have a place in mind?
The first meet up was at Funan IT mall, MacDonald one of the other was at KFC. smiling smiley (If no better place is avail.)
Other place is fine if there is better suggestion.

SW
August 19, 2013 06:20AM
Evening I m ok.
August 19, 2013 06:34AM
Meeting has been postponed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 10:05AM by raptor1979.
August 20, 2013 10:04AM
Due to lack of interest and the notice being so last minute, I've decided to postpone the meeting to another time. Hopefully more members will be willing to show up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 10:05AM by raptor1979.
August 20, 2013 10:17AM
August 20, 2013 06:43PM
As raptor1979 mention, are there more people who are interested to join but shy to respond? I suggest to fix the date next Thursday and hope that those who have miss this thread to respond. I know it takes great effort to commit and time off our busy schedule.

From experience of the past meetup, you maybe think what is there for me in the meetup? For me along the way, I have meet many great friends. We share our our small ideas and plan.
From all the good people who know engineering in their field, showed me many of the possibilities that I thought was not possible and proven me wrong. (And I make the changes to my machine which works better now.) Through this journey as part of my life, I feel that I have learn and gain so much in what I enjoy doing most. :smileys with beer

Hope to see more of you guys there.smiling smiley

(Family commitment, Friday for family and kids.)

Cheers,
SW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 08:35PM by Soon Wei.
August 20, 2013 07:49PM
Hi all,

Just curious, why a Thursday? Instead of Friday (TGIF)? smileys with beer
August 21, 2013 06:38AM
Personally I prefer end of the week meetings, but the eateries (cafe, etc) on Fridays and Weekends tend to be very crowded and not condusive to chat. I therefore suggested this Thursday but it has been cancelled due to lack of interest and partly also due to the short notice.

We can always arrange another meetup or when a topic gathers speed.

Raptor
August 22, 2013 12:31AM
If everyone don't mind, my office (#08-08/09-89 Golden Mile Complex) is always available, even office hours. Just PM me the date & time. grinning smiley

Note: My large format 3D printer is NOT in my office.

Regards,
Simon Sim
August 26, 2013 05:22AM
Hi,

Is anyone still keen on the meetup this Thursday?
I will go if more than 2 person join? Same place Funan IT mall.

Cheers,
SW
August 28, 2013 07:58PM
Hi,
If anyone going please reply here(don't be shy cool smiley), PM me or call me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
If no one respond, then the meetup will be cancelled.

SW
August 29, 2013 01:56PM
I am interested. Hope I am not too late.
September 09, 2013 12:49AM
Almost forgot to sent this. Final attempt to have this meetup again.
- This Thursday, 12 Sept 13. (http://reprap.org/wiki/RUG/Singapore)
Propose at Nex Shopping mall instead at 7pm. kidearth, hope to at least have kopi with you there.

Few more thing, I have created a whatsapp chat group. Those who are interested to join can PM me your contact and I can add you in. There are about 20+ people in the group and has being more active recently. smileys with beer

Cheers,
SW
September 12, 2013 10:44PM
Hi guys, just want to say that the meetup yesterday was short n nice.smileys with beer
6 of us were there. I know the meetup has always being informal and impromptudrinking smiley;. What to do as lifestyle here is so.......
Those who attented;
- Soon Wei
- Ian
- Jason
- Sanjay
- kiam Peng
- Lynn

Cheers,
SW
September 17, 2013 11:35PM
Hi Guys,

I would be interested, please post Location and Date/Time.

Regards
Steve K K
QwikFab
October 04, 2013 06:37PM
Hi Soon Wei and all,

I'm interested to this 3D printing world ,I am curious in where it will go
thought it'll be really great if I can pick up some knowledge from your guys
Any chance you guys are meeting again?
Cheers!
October 06, 2013 09:24PM
We are planning for a group meetup to bring your printer along if possible. A friend in this group is helping to book a conference room at his place to facilitate the meetup. Date and time yet to confirm. (I have suggested end Nov.)
Place : [www2.blk71.com] (I have not being there, so not sure how it is too.)

I would love to have as many of you guys there with your printer and we can take a photo and say, THIS is the crazy bunch of SG-RUG ers in Singapore. I can post the photo back into reprap.org SG page. grinning smiley

We can also share ideas and discuss on the design of each other model. I would hope that those with transport would give a hand to the others who stay nearby. (Those who can't can always come without a machine, your presence is most important.)smiling smiley

Cheers,
SW

dennis, I have PM you as well. (In case you miss the message.)
October 16, 2013 01:00AM
Hi,

Neo has email the venue in charge and trying to confirm the booking of the place. The date of the SG_Reprap major meetup is going to be set on 23 Nov. at the location [www2.blk71.com].

I have also created a facebook SG-Reprap group. Anyone interested can join in.
[www.facebook.com]

Those who are able to join the event (link below) please leave an attendance on the left hand corner mark as "Going". smiling smiley
[www.facebook.com]

Cheers,
SW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login