Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sheffield UK

Posted by aka47 
Sheffield UK
April 01, 2010 10:20AM
Sebastien

Could we have a rug forum thingy, for Sheffield in the UK.

Cheers

Andy kirby

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
Re: Sheffield UK
April 14, 2010 11:36PM
Ok!

Good luck, eh?

Also, you may want to log in and make this homey:
[reprap.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
May 08, 2010 10:36PM
Thanks sebastien.

OK I am looking to pull together a first meeting in the next month and hopefully have at least one a month regularly thereafter.

Venue as yet undecided although I am in conversation with a possible local group. Will feedback more as I know More.

Failing that it will be a pub do, most likely either a wednesday or thursday evening 19:00 till 21:00, then to a pub if not already in one.

Hopefully I will also get to customise the WIKI page a touch over the next couple of days.

Cheers

AKA47

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
May 08, 2010 10:38PM
Anyone interested ??

Let me know.

September 14, 2010 10:20AM
Hi,
I am a model railwaay enthusiast looking for someone, preferably in South Lanarkshire or thereabouts, with a RepRap machine who would be willing to produce some parts for me, at reasonable cost.
November 11, 2010 04:37AM
Hello RandR,

This is probably a bit late for you, but are you still looking for 3D printed parts?

If so, I can most likely help you out. Check out www.emakershop.com

Regards,
Jean-Marc.

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
February 05, 2013 08:44PM
Hi, bit of an epic bump to this post, but are you still offering parts JMG?
I tried the link but the site seems to be down.

I'm near Sheffield and just starting to look at building a Reprap machine, but there's a few parts I might like printed beforehand to see how suitable it will be for what I need.
February 06, 2013 08:28AM
Sorry for the lack of updates, my fault. My internet has been off for a bit ADSL24 were my provided but their cusotmer service is now so bad it has forced me to look elsewhere, so am in transition.

I am writing this from the pub down the road, as good an excuse as any I guess.....

The GIST Foundation that used to host the sheffield group has folded.

We have set up a Google Group to carry on the online component and are currently being hosted for our physical meets by Access Space, in Sheffield.

To follow us on line and find out about our meetups please join up at :-

Google Groups, Sheffield Hardware Hackers
[groups.google.com]

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers

Andy Kirby

February 06, 2013 08:48AM
@PhillipM eMAKERshop does offer all sorts of RepRap related items from sellers all over the world.

If you're looking at getting your first machine, then I would advise you to consider a kit, such as the ones sold by RepRapPro (yes I am biased winking smiley )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login