Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adrian Bowyer Heads North

Posted by aka47 
Adrian Bowyer Heads North
March 22, 2011 06:40AM
Dig out your Pocket Tech (or Diary) and make a note of the 28th of March.

Adrian Bowyer The man, maker and reprap visionary is coming to Sheffield to visit the Sheffield Reprap Users Group.

Everyone is welcome, if you would like to drop in and meet Adrian, see some Reprap machines, hear Adrians presentation or get in touch with the User Group, sign up for a ticket (currently free) and come visit us.

eTickets are available online here: [reprap1103.eventbrite.com]

Please do take the time to register for a ticket as this will help us towards making sure we have enough space to get everyone in.

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
Re: Adrian Bowyer Heads North
March 23, 2011 09:13AM
Hi Andy

I wonder if you can tell us more about what the program is?

I need to decide whether I take half a day off from work or if I only come for the evening session.

Cheers
March 23, 2011 01:30PM
We're celebrating the creation of the Sheffield RepRap Makers' first machine with a special visit from Adrian Bowyer, the inventor of the paradigm-shifting RepRap, in an extended two-part season finale of the Self-Replicating Machine Odyssey.*

* 2pm - 4pm: Meet the Machines Hands-on session with some of the RepRaps spawning in the Sheffield Makers community. A chance to see first-hand how the machines work and what you can do with them.
* 6pm- 7.30pm: Meet the Maker Join Adrian Bowyer for a special guest talk ("Manufacturing for the Masses)" on the development of the self-replicating rapid prototyper, its history and future possibilities.

Adrian and local RepRap Makers will be around for both sessions. The GIST Lab will be open from 2pm through to 9pm, with a chance for informal Q&A and project demos outside of the above scheduled sessions. You should come if you're interested in sustainability, engineering, products, design, open source, hardware hacking, robotics, or the invisible gap between physical and digital that makes up the thingiverse.

Check out: http://reprap1103.eventbrite.com/

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
March 23, 2011 02:07PM
Sorry Andy. I saw this on the invite - I was just wondering if you could offer more information above what the flyer says.
March 23, 2011 04:07PM
I plan to take my Mendel, so if you want to see the Mendel that printed your Mendel and ~150 others now is your chance.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 29, 2011 04:53AM
Nice one Sheffield RUG. thumbs up

It was good to eventually meet some of the big names and the 'Godfather' himself smiling smiley

Also good to put faces to names and to see the variety of machines... 5 machines if I remember correctly, and no 2 alike lol

smileys with beer
March 29, 2011 10:07AM
Yeah it was a great afternoon and evening.

My personal thanks to everyone that took part, from the Gist Lab, group members, curious visitors, Sheffield Hallam University, Adrian (Of course) and everyone who came from the most distant corners of our country.

A special thanks to people who brought their machines (Nophead, eMakershop, Oliver) for all to see and were very patient in explaining what, why and how the whole process goes together.

We were stunned at the distance some of the visitors had traveled to meet up with like minded makers and to meet Adrian.

My hat off to you all.

Cheers

aka47

do you know if hell be here any other day then the 28th of march?

[www.imagesignstudio.com]
December 14, 2011 04:14PM
I think the only person who really knows Adrians where abouts and when is Adrian I guess he is a touch busy. He is an approachable sort of guy though. Have a look at the main rep-rap site for an email or PM him see what he has got on. The other guy to try is Jean Marc Giacallone. He has done more in conjunction with Adrian of late and often runs build weekends etc.

[www.emakershop.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login