Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best mechanical strength among biocomposites for bone tissue scaffolds

Posted by lezlycross 
Best mechanical strength among biocomposites for bone tissue scaffolds
November 08, 2014 03:53AM
Which biocomposite combinations among PCL, PLLA, PLGA with HA, BTCP gives the better mechanical strength when fabricating bone tissue scaffolds with Fused Deposition Modeling technique?
Re: Best mechanical strength among biocomposites for bone tissue scaffolds
November 08, 2014 03:58AM
Kindly reply.Thank You.
November 29, 2014 09:25AM
Why don't you consider porous sintered titanium mesh-like structures? These can be implanted and will be populated by patient's bone cells while providing load-support functionality.

Not that I can provide an answer to your question but I reckon beyond the material itself, it is the form factor what will make a difference.
VDX
November 29, 2014 09:44AM
... I'll use PEEK instead of titanium -- more bio-compatible and better to handle ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 07, 2015 12:58PM
You can customize your thickness of the aligned fibers, shape ( discs, well plates, tubes, sheets). NanobioMatrix Scaffolds are novel electrospun scaffolds made with nano-scale polymer fibers for applications in tissue engineering, stem cell research, cancer research and three-dimensional culture. NanobioMatrix scafflolds are similar in size and structure to native extracellular matrix (ECM) and mimics the three-dimensional in vivo environment to provide a superior alternative to traditional cell culture on flat, tissue culture polystyrene (TCPS) plates or inside bioreactors.

See scaffold material here
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login