Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SLA Printer Questions

Posted by tke116 
SLA Printer Questions
April 25, 2013 12:12AM
Just trying to learn about the SLA process. I get HOW one of these printers works for the most part, but I have some specific questions. What kind of laser do most of these printers use? And what other laser components do they use? Sorry for the lack of knowledge on my part and me probably not knowing the correct terminology. Thanks in advance for the help.
VDX
Re: SLA Printer Questions
April 25, 2013 02:02AM
... in my 20y old salvaged SLA-printer was a HeCd-laser with 30mW optical power @325nm wavelength -- have plans to reassemble it with a collimated BluRay laserdiode with 300mW @405nm and use resins for 405nm too ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 25, 2013 02:31PM
Thanks for the quick answer. I only partly understand what you are saying. Like I said, I know nothing about lasers. I guess my question really is that if I wanted to make a DIY home SLA printer, what kind of laser setup would I need? What Laser, galvanometer, what drives and points the laser? That kind of information. The entire process is new to me so I'm just trying to learn about it.

I'm very mechanically inclined, and I have already built the structure for this SLA printer. I'm just trying to acquire the rest of the parts I need to try to make this work. Hopefully, after I figure it out and some development and experiments, I will have high quality prints. Thanks again for the answers.
VDX
April 25, 2013 03:34PM
... you should better go with UV-DLP-printing as with b9creator or 3DLPrint - much easier to DIY than laser-SLA winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login