Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

induction heater for 3d printer(600 C)

Posted by kelesekrem 
induction heater for 3d printer(600 C)
October 03, 2017 07:47AM
hi friends, how are you?
I want to melt aluminum with an induction heater and can I print it in 3d?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2017 01:39PM by kelesekrem.
Re: induction heater for 3d printer(600 C)
October 03, 2017 08:38PM
dream on.

You cant print liquid metals... they pool up and run everywhere.
October 04, 2017 03:01PM
thanks for answer.But that topic final project what can ı do that topic? How can I print metals?
October 04, 2017 04:35PM
home users cant, yet.
October 05, 2017 11:24AM
There was some research awhile back. Powdered metal oxide paste was extruded from a syringe on a normal 3d printer. The resultant green body is then heated in a furnace with a hydrogen atmosphere resulting is solid metal parts with the same geometry constraints of standard FDM printing (can have low density infill). I think they successfully printed iron, nickel, copper, and made alloys just by mixing inks. The hardest part for a home user would be making a atmosphere controlled furnace, but it is definitely doable (though probably patent encumbered).
October 05, 2017 03:44PM
25. Has anyone thought about 3D printing metal?
Yes. There are many established technologies for 3D printing metal parts, but most of these are beyond the reach of individual experimenters. There are many groups working on accessible low-cost technologies for 3D printing metal. Please see these working examples: A new approach to printing metals, Metal printing on a Lulzbot, Fused Deposition Modeling of Metals, Metal Delta RepRap v1.0, and these forum threads: Metal FDM thread, Metal-print Reprap, 3D Metal Printer Projects?, Induction Heated Nozzle, 3D Electroplating?, and these other resources: Metalbot.org, and MetalicaRap.

26. Can you extrude ordinary metal solder with a RepRap?
Yes. See First Reprapped circuit and Metal printing on a Lulzbot.

27. Can you extrude low melting point metal into grooves in a 3D printed plastic part?
Yes. See Multi-material freeform fabrication of active systems, First Reprapped circuit, and Syringe pump metal extruder.

Source: this thread stickied on top of the General forum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login